Page 415 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 395405410411412413414415416417418419420425435 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

I think Transfigures(or z?) toys on eBay can sell you one for $180ish?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    Apparently IDW has reprinted a set of 6 volumes for the Marvel G1 before but due to copyright over the Spiderman and others a few issues were left out (#3, 9, 14? can't remember) But the new reprint this time has complete #3 in it, so I'm assuming the issue's resolved with Marvel.
    Cheers for the info Arcee,
    Indeed IDW has done some reprints prior to their current releases and you're right about the legalities with regards to Marvel; this is another contributing factor as to why I decided to go with the Titan Books reprints, as they were able to acquire the rights to use said Marvel IPs without issue - These were produced a couple of years earlier than IDW's 1st attempts and I believe that because Titan Books was/is a British Company, that made it somehow easier for them to reprint the Marvel IP laden issues.

@HD: I appreciate the compliment dude; I'm liking the G1 Marvel stuff for a number of reasons and on a number of levels as I believe, like most things older than a decade, one must take them in within the context of their production period as they certainly show their age but they're definitely a good read.
    (Still not sold on Binary-Bonding mind you, I'm all for Transtector Technology )

*Spoilers! - For those who haven't read and are intending to read the Marvel G1 comics, don't read the following...*

Whilst we're on the subject of the G1 Marvel comics: Where is it that Bumblebee get's rebuilt into Goldbug?
    I must've missed an issue or a frame or something because I'm dead sure when he deserted 'King' Grimlock, with Blaster in tow, he was Bumblebee but after the following issues focussed elsewhere, whilst they were on the run, he's just suddenly Goldbug timing just prior to the arrival of the other throttlebots?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    *Spoilers! - For those who haven't read and are intending to read the Marvel G1 comics, don't read the following...*

Whilst we're on the subject of the G1 Marvel comics: Where is it that Bumblebee get's rebuilt into Goldbug?
    I must've missed an issue or a frame or something because I'm dead sure when he deserted 'King' Grimlock, with Blaster in tow, he was Bumblebee but after the following issues focussed elsewhere, whilst they were on the run, he's just suddenly Goldbug timing just prior to the arrival of the other throttlebots?
    I think it was in one of the GI Joe crossovers that they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    Yep. Pretty sure Titan and IDW both left out the GIJoe crossover limited series where the Transformation takes place. In the UK comics a different origin was given but I personally combine the two (it's very easy to). It's one of the only things in the limited series that impacts the ongoing, the reason for the Decepticon's move to Florida is another but that's explicity referenced in #25.

Bumblebee was already Goldbug when he and Blaster defected but the artist drew him as Bumblebee with Goldbug's head until about partway through the Throttlebots introduction when the full model was used. Probably artist error (like Galen turning into Cerebros' head before Cerebros exists).

In the original UK continuity, there was no G.I. Joe crossover, so Wreck-Gar rebuilt Bumblebee into Goldbug in #118. It would have been reprinted in the Fallen Angel trade paperback.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Yep. Pretty sure Titan and IDW both left out the GIJoe crossover limited series where the Transformation takes place. In the UK comics a different origin was given but I personally combine the two (it's very easy to). It's one of the only things in the limited series that impacts the ongoing, the reason for the Decepticon's move to Florida is another but that's explicity referenced in #25.
    Aww... Really? - Bloody Hell.
    Cheers for the info guys, very much appreciated as this gives me a choice as to whether I should go ahead and seek out said G.I. Joe Crossovers, or just go with the U.K. issues; chances are I'll just go with the later though as I really don't care for the Joes.

Bumblebee was already Goldbug when he and Blaster defected but the artist drew him as Bumblebee with Goldbug's head until about partway through the Throttlebots introduction when the full model was used. Probably artist error (like Galen turning into Cerebros' head before Cerebros exists).
    That may of been what confused me, but to be honest there has also been a bit of a gap between issue readings; interesting points though none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    In the original UK continuity, there was no G.I. Joe crossover, so Wreck-Gar rebuilt Bumblebee into Goldbug in #118. It would have been reprinted in the Fallen Angel trade paperback.
    Ah! - So do the UK Comics also include/incorporate the 86' Movie?, or is that a separate Comic onto it's self?
    The UK Titan Reprints are next in my sights after I obtain the last of the US Hardcovers, I'm really looking forward to those indeed!

Ah! - So do the UK Comics also include/incorporate the 86' Movie?, or is that a separate Comic onto it's self?
    Marvel adapted the '86 movie into a three part limited series. It was reprinted in the UK in a one off special, but it hasn't been printed again. It was left out of the Titan collections but you've seen the movie so you know what happens. (IDW's adaptation should be available in TPB).

The UK comics take the movie as future canon. The majority of the UK exclusive stories from #78 to #205 are tied into the movie in some way. Since the US stories weren't featuring the movie cast at all, Simon Furman could do whatever he wanted with them.

Both US and UK comics ignore the rest of the cartoon almost entirely (but with a few minor exceptions). The Titan collections also didn't reprint US #43, the quite random adaptation of a post movie cartoon episode ("Big Broadcast of 2006"), but I don't know if the IDW one did or not.

Marvel adapted the '86 movie into a three part limited series. It was reprinted in the UK in a one off special, but it hasn't been printed again. It was left out of the Titan collections but you've seen the movie so you know what happens. (IDW's adaptation should be available in TPB).
    Ah, okay - Cheers Paul as I have a 'scanned' copy of the UK Marvel '86 Movie Adaptation but wasn't sure if Titan had reprinted either the US or UK or not; thanks for the tip about the IDW adaptation too, I'll definitely have to grab that TPB as no doubt the artwork would be far superior to the Marvel, even though I've seen the '86 Movie a bajillion times.

The UK comics take the movie as future canon. The majority of the UK exclusive stories from #78 to #205 are tied into the movie in some way. Since the US stories weren't featuring the movie cast at all, Simon Furman could do whatever he wanted with them.
    Ah! - This is very interesting, now I'm looking forward to the UK stuff even more.

Both US and UK comics ignore the rest of the cartoon almost entirely (but with a few minor exceptions). The Titan collections also didn't reprint US #43, the quite random adaptation of a post movie cartoon episode ("Big Broadcast of 2006"), but I don't know if the IDW one did or not.
    I'm glad to hear that they did as from where I've read up to, now, the stories and writing are far more interesting and attention retaining than the G1 Cartoon is (for me) nowadays; Did issue #43 have any baring on future story arcs?, or was it's omittal from the Titan Reprints perfectly acceptable?

Ah, okay - Cheers Paul as I have a 'scanned' copy of the UK Marvel '86 Movie Adaptation but wasn't sure if Titan had reprinted either the US or UK or not; thanks for the tip about the IDW adaptation too, I'll definitely have to grab that TPB as no doubt the artwork would be far superior to the Marvel, even though I've seen the '86 Movie a bajillion times.
    The art is by Don Figueroa and is much better than the Marvel version, but the greatest thing about the IDW TPB, is an added two page splash that only appears in the collection

Did issue #43 have any baring on future story arcs?, or was it's omittal from the Titan Reprints perfectly acceptable?
    The UK comic reprinted it as a "imaginary story" told by Wreck-Gar and then took some elements from it to develop a different story.

The art is by Don Figueroa and is much better than the Marvel version, but the greatest thing about the IDW TPB, is an added two page splash that only appears in the collection
    Oh dear Anubis! - That is stunning!
    Yep, I'm sold!

The UK comic reprinted it as a "imaginary story" told by Wreck-Gar and then took some elements from it to develop a different story.
    So is that to say that US #43, whilst not Reprinted by Titan with the US run, is Reprinted by Titan in the UK run but only as a story telling of Wreck-Gar (Being that is how the UK treated US #43)?