Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Things That Aren't Rocket Science.

The best post-G1 tech specs we've seen, IMHO, are:
    + mid-to-late Beast Wars (i.e. after the toy continuity aligned itself with the cartoon)
    + Beast Machines
    + Cybertron
    + Various high-end collectors' lines from Japan (e.g. BT, MP, eHobby G1 etc.).
    ...the rest are pretty forgettable.

I personally think one no brainer, is the rest
    of the dinobots as Masterpiece line to go with
    MP Grimlock. What use is a king without his
    subjects.

Another no brainer or at least a mini wish list,
    would be the combiners as a MP standard.
    I know this wont happen with the impending
    Combiner wars.

I'm personally against redoing more Decepticon cars out of Autobot car moulds. One or two following original Diaclone/80's precedence is fun for exclusives, but I think if the fandom becomes more universally accepting towards this, by 2020 we may have a line where the Decepticon team is comprised of a single unique Megatron mould (repainted as Galvatron/G2 Megatron/Bludgeon) and an armada repainted from whatever they're using in the opposing Autobot team. What a bleak future!

Or just skip Decepticons altogether, and just have Autobots vs SG/Diaclone Autobots.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I think that Wheeljack is a special case, as it is kinda amusing to see an 'evil' Decepticon being made from a toy that originally featured tobacco sponsorship. Hasbro could also repaint it as the Decepticon Slicer, as that would be an easy homage to the G1 toy that was already a repaint of Wheeljack in the first place. Another redeco of the Wheeljack/Exhaust mould could also be released as Makeshift, who of course was the shape-shifting Decepticon from TF Prime who impersonated Wheeljack.

So I don't mind Autobot cars becoming Decepticons if there's a special reason for it (especially if there's an existing precedent for that character, as would be the case for Slicer and Makeshift). But otherwise I would prefer to see the Autobot car moulds being used to create new Autobots, as Ichikawa Hirofumi did w/ the eHobby retconned Diaclone reissues (Crosscut, Road Rage et al.).

Doing the coneheads then making more Seeker variants would be a preferable way to bolster the MP Decepticon ranks (as well as adding Bitstream and various other generic Seekers which have appeared in the G1 cartoon).

We know that redecos help TakTOM to make more money out of the mould and keep down the price of the toy. So what would be people's suggestions for repaint/retools of the Autobot cars without an obvious alternative? (e.g. MP Trailbreaker would obviously be redecoed as Hoist).

My recommendations would be...
    + Hound <--- Detritus
    + Mirage <--- Electro Disruptor Mirage (i.e. clear plastic)
    + Skids <--- Cross Cut
    + Tracks <--- Road Rage
    + Grapple/Inferno <--- Load Hauler
    + Sunstreaker <--- red Diaclone colours as new character, police car variant as new character.

But what about Jazz? Other than a G2 version (which would most likely be limited like G2 Lambor), I can't think of any obvious repaint potential.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    But what about Jazz? Other than a G2 version (which would most likely be limited like G2 Lambor), I can't think of any obvious repaint potential.
    Wheelie

Or Jackpot

And how'd I forget? Zoom-Zoom

And Stepper or whatever hasbro called him.

Golden Lagoon Martini Electrum Edition

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    And Stepper or whatever hasbro called him.
    D'oh. How'd I forget that? How did Goktimis forget that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    MP-11 recolors as SW and TC would be nice too.
    I'm surprised this hasn't already been done. This one really is a no-brainer for TakaraTomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I'm going to say why not release Blue Diaclone MP Bluestreak as a Decepticon? They have already set a precedent with Exhaust.
    For some reason, I think the Diaclone blue Bluestreak should remain an Autobot. They already have Silverstreak in addition to the 'normal' Streak, so why not Bluestreak?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    And how'd I forget? Zoom-Zoom
    Interesting idea for a repaint, but I don't think it can be called 'Zoom-Zoom' because the phrase is a Mazda advertising slogan.

Stepper -- of course! <slaps.forehead>
    Thanks, VERT.
    Jackpot might work too, as could Zoom-Zoom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Interesting idea for a repaint, but I don't think it can be called 'Zoom-Zoom' because the phrase is a Mazda advertising slogan.
    They could modify the name to approximate Zoom-Zoom, like maybe Vroom-Vroom (although that would be challenging for a lot of Japanese speakers to correctly pronounce ). Perhaps they could use the equivalent Japanese onomatopoeia, such as Burun-Burun or Buun.