Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: preorders who's the best?

Of course BBTS & TFSource are going to be more expensive; you're paying for the item to be shipped to the States & then back to you.

And Goki, i don't understand the inclusion of Amazon Japan -apart from you, Odie & Tets, that information, apart from a comparative point of view is of no practical use to anyone else here in Australia

I find BBTS to be great value for Western Hasbro Product. often cheaper than buying from an Asian store.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Of course BBTS & TFSource are going to be more expensive; you're paying for the item to be shipped to the States & then back to you.

And Goki, i don't understand the inclusion of Amazon Japan -apart from you, Odie & Tets, that information, apart from a comparative point of view is of no practical use to anyone else here in Australia
    Probably because he can and we can't. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Probably because he can and we can't. Lol
    And kurdt_the_goat, and at least one other member (but he hasn't identified himself on the board as having this option, so I'm not going to identify him here as I don't know if he wants it to be known); there may be other members who, like this person, may have Japanese contacts, but simply don't choose to openly divulge it. I also personally don't know a whole lot about TF76's private life and whether or not he has access to a Japanese address (not that it's any of my business). Sure, it's unlikely that he might, but it's not impossible. And I did clearly point out the necessity of a Japanese address as a con. And I also listed as the last option, and my top recommendation was HLJ. I wasn't going to make any assumptions either way, but just put the option out there just in case (you never know). Most of the online stores I recommended are accessible from overseas. But if it offends you people so much, I shan't mention Amazon again.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Doesn't bother me, though I wish I had simliar contacts for amazon japan.

End of the day as long I can obtain one at pre order is good enough.
    If anyone had waited till now to buy wheel jack they are paying premium price at this stage.

IMO it's all good as long as you're not paying above retail price. I did end up paying premium price (which was actually the same as AU RRP ) for MP Alert though, because I didn't pre-order that toy. All my other Japanese MPs have been pre-ordered though (since MP1).

Hi, I'm new here. Does the forum ever do group preorders? Would you get much of a shipping discount considering someone has to take delivery and then distribute? I ordered MP Wheeljack for AUD $83 shipped because he looked too good in the reviews on this forum. Just did some research and shops don't seem to be taking preorders for Bumblebee anymore. How switched on do you need to be?

Some members do, depending on the item, Fatbot and Griffin often do pre-orders for TFCC items.

There are sometimes group orders for things like masterpieces, but it's usually restricted to local area/state to make it worth everyones while. A lot of the smaller Asian web stores have pretty good value shipping charges which makes it harder to significantly reduce the cost of shipping with a group order.

You just have to keep your eyes peeled for group order posts around the time that pre-orders are going to go up.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Understood. Thanks UltraMarginal.