Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    I did the "Star War Fact File" back in the day..... 100 issues got extended when ep 2 came out... was going really well... and the stopped before ep 3!!!!

I know what you mean, I was collecting the Star Trek ones and they just kept increasing the amount. Which wouldnt have been so bad if they were hardcover and you didnt have to "build" them by pulling apart the pages to stick in a folder, it severely decreased the structural integrity doing so (as anyone that has experience with these things knows).

Hopefully the Australian site mirrors what the UK site have done for this transformers book collection, which is allowing people to buy individual issues, as that way those who only want certain stories dont have to subscribe or look for them in newsagents. That way even if it gets extended past the 80 volumes (which it very well might) those that arent interested in everything can get the bits they do want.

I personally dont have anything that's going to be in this collection apart from US G1 so I'll probably get it all, them being hardcover as well as complete in chronological order (when one has the complete collection, or so it seems) is a big draw point for me

Anybody else planning to keep these MISB?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    3 years and about $1600. o
    Whoah - I hadn't done the calculations before - that's a hefty amount!

Ah well, I would have just wasted the money on hookers and coke anyway

A lot of it may be doubling up for me as I have almost every single IDW issue as well as 95% of the DW ones. However they are all individual comics which are packed away and it's really hard and time consuming to find a specific issue if I want to read it. In that regard this set will be good to grab for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsurge View Post
    Anybody else planning to keep these MISB?
    They come in boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Whoah - I hadn't done the calculations before - that's a hefty amount!

Ah well, I would have just wasted the money on hookers and coke anyway

A lot of it may be doubling up for me as I have almost every single IDW issue as well as 95% of the DW ones. However they are all individual comics which are packed away and it's really hard and time consuming to find a specific issue if I want to read it. In that regard this set will be good to grab for me.
    I think another plus is that these are hardcovers and should last a lot longer (especially if they get read) then the single comics and paperbacks.
    I checked ebay prices on some random issues and if you sold your old stuff you could probably cover the costs of this collection, though personally I think it's nice to have some to read and some to keep (which is what I'm doing for my US G1 comics collection).
    They come in boxes?
    In this case the "B" could mean "baggies", though it's more shrink wrap then anything
    As for my answer to the question of "would I keep them sealed", maybe for a time at least until I have a lot or all of them in order, but I'll probably open most eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    In this case the "B" could mean "baggies", though it's more shrink wrap then anything
    Ah, that makes sense

They come in boxes?
    You know what I mean Keep them sealed up/unopened.

I assume it you subscribe they won't come sealed (except in Postpak envelopes!). If you just buy in store your collection will probably end around issue 10 at the latest... don't tend to see many of these partworks on the shelf on an ongoing basis.

The newsagent at Macquarie shops here stocks heaps of this stuff and will order individual issues in. I've been cherry picking the Starships collection for months.

I'm still torn as to getting this or not. I love the idea of a nice hardback collection but the cost of literally buying a second copy of everything I have just to fill in a few gaps not covered by the IDW classics. is really hard to justify.

It's like buying someone's complete G1 collection so I can have the mail away exclusives.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I assume it you subscribe they won't come sealed (except in Postpak envelopes!). If you just buy in store your collection will probably end around issue 10 at the latest... don't tend to see many of these partworks on the shelf on an ongoing basis.
    From previous experience with this company (I used to get the Marvel hardcover collection via mail subscription) they send you the same books they would send the newsagents, which are all shrink wrapped. This didnt change even when local newsagents stopped selling them, so I think they just shrink wrap every issue of every hardcover partwork.
    So if that sort of thing matters to anyone there you go, subscribers will get "MISB" copies of each issue.

Now for a question. When I first saw posts online about people finding this here in Australia they posted pictures like this:

However the one's I found today all looked like this:

At first I was worried that there was no poster but I opened it up anyway and found this:

The thing is you can see that my poster/booklet is marginally smaller then the ones that came with other copies people found. So my question is, did anyone get the version with the (seemingly) larger fold out poster/booklet and what measurements does it have?
    To inform others the (seemingly) smaller fold out poster/booklet is 68cm wide and 47cm tall (approx) when fully unfolded, and was folded 3 times (so in half, half again, and half again).

Do you get charged for postage for these items? I am tempted of doing the order but want to know if thats extra.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.