Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gday from a newb

Wink

Whoo! Welcome Joshy! You can't go past G1 or Masterpiece Soundwave. If your going for a masterpiece and if you can find a Hasbro version for a minimally inflated price I'd go for that one as it was way better value. If you want Tak/Tom I may have an idea where to find one for a good price at a certain online store ;-) haha..
    That sux about it being stolen, but have a chat to everyone here, everyone seems to be onto it and I'm sure any question you have it won't take long to find an answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Tfiguy View Post
    Whoo! Welcome Joshy! You can't go past G1 or Masterpiece Soundwave. If your going for a masterpiece and if you can find a Hasbro version for a minimally inflated price I'd go for that one as it was way better value. If you want Tak/Tom I may have an idea where to find one for a good price at a certain online store ;-) haha..
    That sux about it being stolen, but have a chat to everyone here, everyone seems to be onto it and I'm sure any question you have it won't take long to find an answer!
    Thanks Tfiguy, I ended up going with a Hasbro MP soundwave for now...probably paid too much but emotion got in the way haha.
    Ive actually purchased/preordered from you already first of 3 I should get any day now.

Thumbs up!

Welcome to the boards! I got the Classics/Commemorative Soundwave reissue rerelease from BBTS. They still have him, but you can probably get him for cheaper. You can also get the Encore Soundwave, which has the single tape door. There are 3 sets of cassettes to go with him and Blaster, if you want to catch 'em all (well, most of them). I got the Encore 19 set, which came with Laserbeak, Rumble, Frenzy and Overkill, which is a good starting point and he's not that expensive.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Welcome to the boards! I got the Classics/Commemorative Soundwave reissue rerelease from BBTS. They still have him, but you can probably get him for cheaper. You can also get the Encore Soundwave, which has the single tape door. There are 3 sets of cassettes to go with him and Blaster, if you want to catch 'em all (well, most of them). I got the Encore 19 set, which came with Laserbeak, Rumble, Frenzy and Overkill, which is a good starting point and he's not that expensive.
    Thanks!

I ended up ordering a Hasbro MP soundwave, couldn't go past getting all the tapes, But ill probably get the reissue off ebay as its only $70.

Blaster is also on the list, The SDCC one seems like the best but $$.

Ive also got on there way:
    MP smokescreen
    YOTH Optimus
    FoC grimlock vs Bruticus
    Botcon junkions
    reissue astrotrain

preordered Bumblebee and wheeljack.

MP Soundwave is sick as, def my favourite after MP10-b (nemesis prime). The Laserbeak is a bit flimsy, I put on the white gloves before handling mine.

you can't go wrong with mp soundwave, he's my favorite transformer to date! , welcome to the boards, enjoy your stay

Welocome to the boards fellow cybertronian.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

thanks!

Most of what I ordered has shown up

and got whats left of my old transformers out of storage.

probably obvious most of my childhood was during the beast wars era. a lot of the G1 figures on the left are older then I am! all of them have had a very hard life unfortunately. wouldn't be many that are complete.

A very nice spread there Joshy!! Just be careful with the MP cassettes btw coz they've been KOed already. Best to order from trusted online stores rather than ebay. It's scary how the KOs are almost equal (even has the metallic chest paint) now to the original MP cassettes.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]