Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cubex vs X-Transbots (both doing 3rd Party MP Huffer)

Default Cubex vs X-Transbots (both doing 3rd Party MP Huffer)

As per TFW, A company called Cubex announced they are doing a 3rd party MP Huffer.

And not to be outdone, a few hours later X-Transbots announced their version of MP Huffer (and Pipes)

And for comparison, here is G1 Huffer:

There has been no word on pricing or release date yet. But it has been said that BOTH will be able to hook up to MP-10's trailer.

My thoughts:

-The Cubex one does a much better job of invoking G1 cartoon Huffer (but still isn't perfect). The transformation seems more MP style with the rear wheels moving into the legs. Where as the XTB one has the rear wheels just sitting on the legs (Similar to MP-10 vs MP-01/04). The CUbex Huffer also has the more cartoon accurate head and face sculpt.

-The XTB alt mode looks awesome. It actually looks like an official truck, where as the Cubex one more resembles the mini-bot themed toy truck.

-It will be interesting to see how they handle the weight distribution. The truck cab sitting on the back will naturally make him want to topple backwards.

- I don't know how this will pay off the companies. With the way the MP line is moving at the moment, it may not be long until an official MP Huffer is announced (another year or 2). A lot of people may just wait for this instead.

I think if I dip into these myself, I may end up going with Cubex for Huffer due to that one being more cartoon accurate and the XTB one for Pipes as I really like the alt mode from what I have seen so far. However I think I'll be waiting on reviews and pricing either way first. And these are just prototypes. Things can (and have) changed a lot between prototype and final release.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I really like the cubex version ...it a very good representation of the g1 cartoon... the truck mode look awesome , just like the toy mini bot version ... It just come down to the price for me ... but i never really like huffer as a character when i was a kid ...just like Gears better .. thinking about it he my least favorite out of the autobots...must been the colours i think ..

I quite like where both of these are heading.

To me the Cubex one looks more like Hasbro's current MP line, while the X-Transbots one looks more like the classics line, with updated modernised look.

I AM, a Huffer fan for some reason I always liked him and Gears, so I'm quite keen to learn more about both of these.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Plus we know that MP Huffer is on the radar. We've seen the design sketch of the intended MP10 pack-in version.

The Cubex alt-mode is gorgeous. Not so sold on the robot mode though, which is the more important one for me.

I don't like or trust XTB, and don't want to support them, but I may get that Pipes, if it's ever released. They're worse than iGear for showing protos that never get made.

Otherwise I'm fine with waiting for a real one, and using the iGear Rager as my stand-in, even if he's not to scale with much else.

Hmm... a wait & see with all 3 parties I think, very promising stuff thus far however.

This bridge building pic alone (http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/...usy_Huffer.jpg) makes me want a MP Huffer. I hope an official one with better engineering than the MP-10 add-on will be made.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

for me a third party toy has to be something very impressive that is unlikely to be a Hasbro or Takara product ever.

the cubex one, I haven't seen a photo of the robot mode where it's not being held up and stopped from tipping over backwards, I think this toy is going to have some serious balance issues.

the X-transbots looks OK, but on the whisper that there might be masterpiece versions of these characters, and I'm sure there is a market for it. I'm not going near these.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Well Xtransbots up for preorder now .....69.95 ...
    i think i going to skip this one , never really remember him in the cartoon or toy

http://tfsource.com/search/view/stat...rm/xtransbots/

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3336710&type=3

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    Well Xtransbots up for preorder now .....69.95 ...
    i think i going to skip this one , never really remember him in the cartoon or toy

http://tfsource.com/search/view/stat...rm/xtransbots/

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3336710&type=3
    Really? Huffer used to be one of the more prominent characters in the first season and a commonly owned toy by kids in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Really? Huffer used to be one of the more prominent characters in the first season and a commonly owned toy by kids in the 80s.
    yeah he was one of the only minibot i didn't have .. i guess my parent didn't like him enough for them to buy it for me...