Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MakeToys City Bot Series MCB-002 Utopia "Metroplex"

Default MakeToys City Bot Series MCB-002 Utopia "Metroplex"

Last edited by kaiden; 19th March 2014 at 03:22 PM.

I don't know, I feel pretty 'meh' about this.
    Don't like the other modes as I don't really see how I can display smaller figures on it like Generations Metroplex.
    I wonder how tall he stands though?

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    I wonder how tall he stands though?
    Using the screw holes as a yardstick, maybe roughly as tall as Giant?

Looks like a smaller, more play-friendly not-Metroplex. So far I like it. I would not be making a choice between Gen Metroplex and this guy; will just judge the figure on its own merits. However, the obvious repaint will be hard to pass by even if you already own Gen Metroplex

Going a bit further down the line here, but I also really like the sounds of the "City Bot Series" - so much potential. A not-Trypticon or not-Scorponok in this scale would be friggin' wonderful. Not sure about a city-scaled not-Fort Max as I'm pretty content with Warden.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

A pity Gen Metroplex is still fresh in people's minds. MakeToys might have differentiated themselves from it by modeling it after FoC Metroplex or doing Trypticon before anybody else.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

There's a 'real' Metroplex (Generations) out now. Why would anyone want a fake one?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    There's a 'real' Metroplex (Generations) out now. Why would anyone want a fake one?
    as much as i want to like the official product, its a floppy mess. i hate how i cant pose it without it falling over unless its standing completely upright.

i have seen fixes for it, but i shouldn't have to do them.

its pretty much the same with generations blitzwing. his shoulders are the worst i have ever experienced with a transformers toy.

Apparently someone was able to approximate it's size, looks about 4 inches higher than Maketoys Giant. Not bad if your collecting a base for your 3rd party bots. But, I'm sure this would have a 300-500 price tag and that amount I would rather send on some other stuff . As everyone Said There is already an official Metroplex that does just fine, not spectacular but it does the job and is affordably priced enough. Had they done say, Trypticon, people might've been more drooling and throwing those "take my money" memes more.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Because the "real" one looks like a compromised piece of garbage with terrible alt-modes.

This MakeToys Metroplex looks great, but simply too expensive for me because I am a cheapskate.

At least this transforms into something that tries to resemble a city/base. Generations Metroplex looks way too much like Plexy doing the splits because they couldn't hide/disguise the pelvis properly.

This looks great.
    Lots of potential but to market it as a Metroplex will not be wise as like most have mentioned, a lot of us are satisfied with Hasbro's offering although it can be a little floppy plus a little too much on the thin side... But for a quarter of the price, who's complaining?
    Maketoys should market this as Metrotitan and do it soon before Hasbro officially release that if they wanna capture a substantial market for this mould.
    But that's just my opinion...