Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic review: Robots in Disguise ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    This story had a kind of Doctor Who edge to it IMO.
    Funny, I though the exact same thing.

Preview for #11

It's twisting and turning and I'm sure the obvious answer is not the real answer.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Obvious answer was the real answer and it was dealt with thoroughly.

Really thoroughly.

In a way I know I was not expecting thoroughly.

RiD finally is getting to MtMtE levels of what the frak?
    I genuinely have no idea what is going to happen next, even though I know full well what is going to happen in the immediate future (as it was shown full force in the final page, and pretty obvious even from the second last panel) with what happened in this issue who knows what is going to happen.
    Barber has cleaned the slate ready for the second major arc of RiD, and lets hope he stays around for a long while, not just because his writing has been excellent, planned and consistent with the IDW universe, but if he goes, I am sure the next writer will find a dull, cheap way to reset and undo all the motions put into play and resurrect the fallen characters.

I cannot compare this to the same day release of MtMtE as Phantomzone didn't have it stocked this week, but I would find it hard to believe that it could be as genuinely surprising in terms of actions to characters as RiD!

Should also add that the art this issue is done by Guido Guidi and it is sublime. The Matere cover is all flavours of awesomesauce, but as a retail incentive I had no chance of nabbing it, will have to pick up later in the aftermarket. The interiors are gorgeous and the designs of mostly background players are now in FoC styled bodies. I thought they would be a bit jarring, but they suit this series well.
    Last edited by i_amtrunks; 22nd November 2012 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    The Matere cover is all flavours of awesomesauce, but as a retail incentive I had no chance of nabbing it,
    Might still be some in Kings in the city here. if you want me to grab one... but it is one awesome cover!!
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Might still be some in Kings in the city here. if you want me to grab one... but it is one awesome cover!!
    Ha, forgot I have an online account with Kings! I'll try them. Thanks Sharky!

Loving Guidi's art (much better than Cahill's "mush mouth with a split lip" art ) - though I'd wish they'd go back to using Classicsverse Prowl. I like how Astrotrain's model resembles his Classics toy, and Blitzwing seems to be a "Classicnised" version of his Animated model (at least in mine eyes ). Shockwave still looks fantastic in his FoC model... yeah, I'm a total sucker for seeing any toy-accurate (or toy-homaging) artwork! Oh, looks like IDW's switched back to FIBRIR now. They started off as FIBRIR, then switched to FIRRIB, now it's FIBRIR again... so I see IDW's carrying on with their long standing tradition of inconsistent visual continuity.

I found an Easter Egg!! I've spoiler tagged it, so click and drag to reveal:
    On p.10 - where Starscream has flown down to inspect a fallen Omega Supreme and we see Fixit and others attending Omega Supreme you can see Omega Spreem in the background! The torso is incorrectly coloured, and the legs are purple instead of pink, but the arms and especially the head are the same colours as the Omega Spreem Action Master toy! ... this would have to be his first canonical appearance, _and_ he's portrayed as a separate character from Omega Supreme! (deal with THAT, TFwiki! )

I'm pretty sure that's not a spoiler, Goki. That is definitely him, although they could argue that it's this guy in disguise, on a multiversal holiday. (The comic is called Robots In Disguise, after all.)

Maybe Omega Spreem suffers from similar psychological issue as Pyro with Primus apotheosis. Instead of a 'Prime complex' he has an 'Omega Complex'

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's not a spoiler, Goki.
    The spoiler I was thinking of was Omega Supreme having fallen and being repaired by Fixit & Co. -- might be a mild spoiler for those who haven't read this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    That is definitely him, although they could argue that it's this guy in disguise, on a multiversal holiday. (The comic is called Robots In Disguise, after all.)
    Heh, in the Gokiverse Energon Omega Supreme's Headmaster Mini-Con is called "Omega Spreem."

Certainly the most interesting RID episode for a while, I think it may have been even faster paced than this months MTMTE. The reveal at the end was interesting, in particular because the story seems determined not to return to the usual TF status quo, which is a good thing.

Are IDW going to run out of Decpticons though? Seems like there have been more deaths than during war time.