View Poll Results: What colours are YOUR Frenzy and Rumble?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Frenzy is Red, Rumble is Blue

17 36.17%
  • Rumble is Red, Frenzy is Blue

19 40.43%
  • I don't care

11 23.40%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What colours are Frenzy and Rumble (FIRRIB?)

before there was the internet and tfwiki the was ONLY the cartoon so to me rumble is blue and frenzy is red. I thought when looking at the catlogue that it was an error. Like others I grew up with the cartoon so I'll go with the cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by primatives View Post
    before there was the internet and tfwiki the was ONLY the cartoon

Before there was the internet and tfwiki there were comics, picture books, sticker books, read-along cassettes, video games, collector cards, showbags and even toys.

All those you had to find and buy... for the rest of us who had cheap or unsupportive parents, it was just the cartoon. It was easier getting toys as presents, but other stuff wasn't as common as presents, or affordable if no/little pocket-money.

It's easy. Rumble is blue in the cartoon and red almost everywhere else.

So really I feel he should be red, but the cartoon was such a large part of the representation of the character that I struggle to think of him as anything other than blue.

But in the end, when he's on your shelf he's which ever guy you want him to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Bit uncalled for don't you think Kup?
    Not if the following post after yours is anything to go by

It was a joke, you know - Haha.

This topic has always been very silly because the answer has always relied on context of the medium just as Sky Shadow has rightfully and repeatedly said.

If you are talking about the cartoon and say that Frenzy is blue then you are wrong.

If you are talking about the G1 toys or most comics (and almost all else) and say that Frenzy is red, then you are wrong.

Cartoon fans will always say that Frenzy is red and that is fine because they are correct - In the cartoon Frenzy is red and that is all they are usually referring to when they mention it. Not a difficult concept and certainly not worth arguing or getting worked up about as it's pretty straightforward - In the end it is most likely that your preference will be right within the appropriate context.

In the event that due to one's appreciation for the cartoon desires to call a red G1 Rumble, Frenzy then that's your choice as you have chosen to override the official name which you have a right to do since it's your toy. This is a personal choice which one should not need to argue about because it was your choice to go against the official name and one shouldn't expect all to follow a personal preference.
    Last edited by kup; 1st May 2011 at 07:48 PM.

Can of worms here - this one has proven to be perhaps the most unresolvable argument about Transforfmers. I'll refrain from adding my 2c in. Please keep it civil lest this topic be locked.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I don't care what colours they are just as long as their damn RTS toys get RELEASED HERE!!!!!!!

I grew up with the cartoon so Rumble's blue in the Odieverse - or at least he will be when the RTS version comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    All those you had to find and buy... for the rest of us who had cheap or unsupportive parents, it was just the cartoon. It was easier getting toys as presents, but other stuff wasn't as common as presents, or affordable if no/little pocket-money.
    QFT. I grew up in a small town in a hard working blue collar family. The cartoon was the only medium that was accessible to me... That's why I think of Rumble as the blue on
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

I still go by the toy though, so Rumble is always red to me. (I just wanted to explain how it is quite easy for a lot of people to only know the cartoon parameters of TFs characters and concepts)