View Poll Results: Which G1/Beast Wars characters would you like to see in the Masterpeice line?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arcee

6 14.29%
  • Jazz

23 54.76%
  • Trailbreaker

11 26.19%
  • Perceptor

8 19.05%
  • Blaster (and the cassettebots)

18 42.86%
  • G1 Minibots (specify which in the comments)

10 23.81%
  • Galvatron

15 35.71%
  • Cyclonus

12 28.57%
  • Rhinox

2 4.76%
  • Rattrap

2 4.76%
  • Airazor

3 7.14%
  • Waspinator

4 9.52%
  • Blackarachnia

6 14.29%
  • Tarantulas

3 7.14%
  • Other (specify in the comments)

12 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Which characters would you like to see made as Masterpiece figures? - As at 2019

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I don't like Prime 3.0, we need a Prime 4.0....
    Version 4.0 will be 50% more expensive than 3.0. Justifiably so coz of the improved engineering design and extra extra accessories.

In order of most wanted:

Overkill & Slugfest
    Galvatron
    Cyclonus
    Scourge
    Wreck-Gar
    Warpath
    Blaster & cassettes
    Mirage
    Trailbreaker
    Hoist
    Skids
    Windcharger
    Brawn
    Cliffjumper
    Huffer
    Gears
    Jazz
    (ROTF) Alice
    Arcee
    Chromia
    Black Arachnia
    Blitzwing
    Astrotrain
    Reflector
    Insecticon Trio

After that lot are done then pretty much any G1 characters not done

A lot of those figures don't require licensing costs, so I'm honestly surprised as to why TT haven't had a crack
    Dinobots, Insecticons, repaints are also available.
    But I'd like Mirage first.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    I also voted for Blaster, which seems a bit more likely. Hoping his bot mode is around the same height as the Autobot cars though and not stupidly tall like Soundwave.
    Actually, MP Soundwave is scaled quite accurately as you can see here compared to Sunbow's official scale.

The orange lines represent Sideswipe's height. My MP Lambor is obviously leaning backwards in this photo so I've adjusted the orange line to where the top of his head would roughly be if he were standing upright (I can do a direct side by side comparison pic if you really want). But we can see that MP Lambor's height compared to Soundwave is roughly the same as the Sunbow scale.

Also compare Blaster's height. As Metallikato said, he is tall... but even taller than he estimated. Ironhide, Ratchet, Trailbreaker and Inferno's heads all come at around the green line, whereas you can see that Blaster's head nearly reaches the purple line, which is Optimus Prime and Megatron's height. And Soundwave is the same too - his head is just under that purple line. So if you want an MP Blaster with G1 cartoon scale, then making him around the same size as MP Soundwave (or possibly half a head height taller) would be accurate. Incidentally this would also make MP Broadcast about the same height as G1 Blaster! Yeah, that's how huge G1 Blaster is. Which isn't the fault of the toy which of course existed as a Microman figure long before Transformers came long, but there you have it.

=============================

UPDATE
    Here ya go Also, the green line represents the height of characters like Ironhide, Trailbreaker, Grapple etc. The orange line isn't part of the original Sunbow bible's chart, I've added that in to represent the height of smaller Autobot Cars like Sideswipe, Prowl etc. See here for more.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 22nd January 2019 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Actually, MP Soundwave is scaled quite accurately as you can see here compared to Sunbow's official scale.
    =============================

UPDATE
    Here ya go Also, the green line represents the height of characters like Ironhide, Trailbreaker, Grapple etc. The orange line isn't part of the original Sunbow bible's chart, I've added that in to represent the height of smaller Autobot Cars like Sideswipe, Prowl etc. See here for more.
    Yeah Blaster was pretty big, even in the G1 cartoon. Considering that and the fact he would need to fit cassette warriors into his chest it would make zero sense for him to be the size of the MP Autobot cars - that’s simply idiotic. He wouldn’t be cartoon or toy accurate like MP is supposed to be - he’d just be a chest with some limbs sticking off

Speaking of the Autobot Cars, I wish people would get over this obsession with seeing an MP Jazz. I’d love to see one too, but whether it’s been officially announced or not Porsche obviously has an issue with the concept otherwise we would have seen one by now. We can live in hope but in the meantime get over it - plenty more characters (hundreds in fact!) to do while we wait
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 22nd January 2019 at 06:32 PM.

FatalityPitt Guest

I'd like to see what Metalhawk would look like as a Masterpiece figure. Mainly because I'm curious to see how Takara would feature the Pretender gimmick in a Masterpiece toy, and Metalhawk seems like the most recognizable pretender from the Japanese cartoon with a definitive animation model (AFAIK the international market didn't have a cartoon with Pretenders in it). Would they have a gold Cybertronian jet that turned into a red and blue clad humanoid like the Botcon 2012 exclusive? Or would they make a small golden jet with it's normal robot mode that can fold up to fit inside a bigger figure (pretender shell) that was fully detailed and articulated? Or maybe it would just be Metalhawk in his natural form with a miniature blue and red figurine to represent his Pretender shell (IIRC, they shrink down to human-size when wearing the pretender shell). Would be interesting to see I reckon...

Arcee - How can she get so few votes?

Skids - It'd be nice if the alt mode is Honda City Turbo, but add-on parts for animation accurate bonnet, front grill and bumper areas in both modes. This guy has so many retool potentials.

Animation/toy accurate Minibots. Cliffjumper, Bumper, Cosmos and yes, Bumblebee. Now that the designers are focused on animation accurate MPs, we should get Bumblebee V2, and with it, many retools such as Bumper and Cliffjumper. Bumper is a superdeformed Mazda, and Japanese companies luv chibi stuff, so there wouldn't be licensing issues. Takara already has chibi VWs licensed and even got Walmart G1 Bee licensed by VW, so a deformed Bumblebee would not be a problem either. In fact, that licensed chibi VW Beetle was released around the same time as MP-21, so the MP-21 designer/s probably could've chosen a toy-accurate alt mode if they wanted to. Takara already has a Porsche license but I don't think Takara ever made a licensed chibi Porsche car.
    As for Cosmos, I want one so i don't have to buy third party ones that I'm so tempted to.

Runamuck and Runabout - these cars have 80s chic. Unfortunately, these are unlikely to be made into MPs given few retool options to offset their licensing costs, and the characters aren't popular.

Headmasters and Power/Godmasters - I know we just received fantastic TR representations of many of these, but I'd like to see some later seasons' G1 characters in MP format; MP-24 is lonely.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Speaking of the Autobot Cars, I wish people would get over this obsession with seeing an MP Jazz. I’d love to see one too, but whether it’s been officially announced or not Porsche obviously has an issue with the concept otherwise we would have seen one by now. We can live in hope but in the meantime get over it - plenty more characters (hundreds in fact!) to do while we wait
    Agreed. I'd personally like to see them polish off the rest of the First Year Autobots before eventually getting to Meister, even if he's last. And doing the remaining First Year Autobots would also allow for gang moulding and doing 2nd and 3rd Year Autobots as well.
    e.g.
    Trailbreaker --> Moist
    Huffer --> Pipes
    Brawn --> Outback
    Cliffjumper --> Hubcap
    Gears --> Swerve
    Windcharger --> Tailgate
    etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Or maybe it would just be Metalhawk in his natural form with a miniature blue and red figurine to represent his Pretender shell (IIRC, they shrink down to human-size when wearing the pretender shell). Would be interesting to see I reckon...
    I'd say that this would be the most likely. Because in the Masterforce canon we never see the Pretender shells split open and close. The robots basically phase in and out of them. And you're right in that the Autobot Pretender shells were always human sized and not gigantic (whereas the Decepticons were sometimes gigantic or human sized). I'd like to see the robot done just as a robot and jet, and then include a bonus Microman figurine done as Metalhawk in his civilian suit with clip on armour.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    Arcee - How can she get so few votes?
    You know, if they ever did MP Arcee she'd be super complex and very expensive. Then everyone would whinge about the price.

Animation/toy accurate Minibots. Cliffjumper, Bumper, Cosmos and yes, Bumblebee. Now that the designers are focused on animation accurate MPs, we should get Bumblebee V2, and with it, many retools such as Bumper and Cliffjumper. Bumper is a superdeformed Mazda, and Japanese companies luv chibi stuff, so there wouldn't be licensing issues.
    TakaraTOMY already has the Mazda licence, that's not an issue for Bumper. The issue is demand. Bumper is super obscure even in Western markets which was the only place it was released. AFAIK Bumper was never released in Japan (or even outside of North America). Bumper would be a hard sell and may not be worth investing in an extensive retool. Selling Hubcap would be tricky too even though he's not nearly as obscure as Bumper. Hubcap may be relegated to being an overpriced limited exclusive like the MP Coneheads were.

chibi VWs licensed and even got Walmart G1 Bee licensed by VW, so a deformed Bumblebee would not be a problem either. In fact, that licensed chibi VW Beetle was released around the same time as MP-21, so the MP-21 designer/s probably could've chosen a toy-accurate alt mode if they wanted to. Takara already has a Porsche license but I don't think Takara ever made a licensed chibi Porsche car.
    Porsche isn't necessarily against issuing licence to Transformers, they are currently against allowing their vehicles to be affiliated with war. Volkswagen had the same stance, which is why Takara could release the Disney Label Donald Duck Transformer as a VW Beetle, but not say Bumblebee because that continuity is war-related.

HasTak were finally able to get Volkswagen to concede and allow them to purchase the licence for war-related Transformers like Bumblebee, but Porsche is still refusing. I don't know if it's enough to simply release an MP Meister with zero weapons and limit references to G1 continuity. Like don't show any images from the cartoon of Jazz holding a gun, rewrite his bio so that he's no longer a Lt Commander etc etc. -- but would fans accept this? They could release Jazz's weapons in future MPs but don't explicitly state it. e.g. MP Skids could could come with Jazz's launcher and gun which happen to be compatible with both toys -- let fans work it out. Similar to how they released Ratchet's Red Cross stickers with those for red corners and let fans cut them out. MP Hubcap could come with two guns and you could just donate one to Cliffjumper. I don't know if that would be enough to appease Porsche though... maybe not.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Trailbreaker --> Moist
    <Homer>
    Mmmm. Moist...
    <Homer>

Though that said the changes in the animation models between 84 and 85 it isn't always a direct copy. Trailbreaker and Hoist are a good example as are Huffer/Pipes and Brawn/Outback. Red Alert and the Coneheads are good examples of TT being willing to do it.

You know, if they ever did MP Arcee she'd be super complex and very expensive. Then everyone would whinge about the price.
    I wish everyone would be complaining about price. The complaints about the 3rd party Arcee offerings make me sad for humanity.

Galvatran Guest

Trailbreaker --> Moist
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    <Homer>
    Mmmm. Moist...
    <Homer>
    Big fat donut.