Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: OTCA Stop Motion Project?

I'm glad that I've managed to rack up nearly 30,000 views with the Optimus Prime music video.

I'm now working on another Stop Motion project, I'm currently penning the story and would like to keep it independent to myself. I think the problem with having too many contribute their ideas is that there's too much collision of thoughts and nothing is created in the end.

The project I really do intend to finish as it's something I can't stop thinking of the last few months. I've decided to set deadlines for myself on this thread so that I keep going with this project and don't quit half-way or even 3/4's way through.

Right now I'm penning the detailed script of the last 2/3 of the story and have already built a general plot-line to follow. I intend to finish this by the end of this upcoming weekend, then do a review of the script on Sunday and will push forwards for making a storyboards for the next couple of weeks.

I would like some voice actors/actresses though.

If someone can do a real good Cullen impersonation I'm willing to pay.

The project will remain secret and will be now referred to as 'Project 9'

I'm sure all of our Transformers voices sound great in our heads... I know my Peter Cullen impression sounds bloody fantastic. The problem is how it sounds outside of our heads. Perhaps we can send you audio samples and you can judge for youself. When I get some time I might do a sample of several different character voices and send the file to you. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    I'm glad that I've managed to rack up nearly 30,000 views with the Optimus Prime music video.

I'm now working on another Stop Motion project, I'm currently penning the story and would like to keep it independent to myself. I think the problem with having too many contribute their ideas is that there's too much collision of thoughts and nothing is created in the end.

The project I really do intend to finish as it's something I can't stop thinking of the last few months. I've decided to set deadlines for myself on this thread so that I keep going with this project and don't quit half-way or even 3/4's way through.

Right now I'm penning the detailed script of the last 2/3 of the story and have already built a general plot-line to follow. I intend to finish this by the end of this upcoming weekend, then do a review of the script on Sunday and will push forwards for making a storyboards for the next couple of weeks.

I would like some voice actors/actresses though.

If someone can do a real good Cullen impersonation I'm willing to pay.

The project will remain secret and will be now referred to as 'Project 9'
    dude i can do a heap of voices pretty good, let me know what you need pm me or skype me
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    dude i can do a heap of voices pretty good, let me know what you need pm me or skype me
    I'm thinking of paying for other lead voices if they can be impersonated well but to a lesser amount as I think Prime is one of my selling points.

The bit where it showed Megs was the one doing the crazy teeny second voice had me Lolling for minutes!! Well done!!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Just finished 2/3 of the detailed script. Will rest for tonight. Hope to get started with the last third by tomorrow and hopefully finish it by Saturday.

I'd like to help with voice work
    though, I'm not sure who I could actually do good voices for. but I'll still try
    i think my voice is a little young for most of the characters but I should be able to fix that

Project 9 Update: Finished the detailed script. Now it's time to do a proofread of everything and then time to start storyboards!!

In terms of "auditioning" for voice performers (let's not insult the profession by calling ourselves "actors" unless any of us actually have had training or are just really talented ) perhaps you could give write up a small sample of lines for each character that you'd like to cast. It doesn't have to be a line from the script, it can be any line. Each line should showcase a different range of emotions; e.g. happy line, sad line, stoic line, angry line, authoritative line, menacing line - depending on the character. Because delivering the line "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" in Optimus Prime's smooth stoic voice is very different from belting out "I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!" in his screaming action voice. You want to see how people can modulate a given voice. You may also need to include some wallas -- wallas are the non-language noises that voice actors often are required to perform, like screaming, laughing, crying, grunting etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Project 9 Update: Finished the detailed script. Now it's time to do a proofread of everything and then time to start storyboards!!
    dude as i said let me know when you want to do some voice developments
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast