Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Starwars Force Awakens figures found.

Super articulation only really started in the clone wars years. And 2008 ish. Those clone wars figures with the first day of issue stickers on the cards had 6 points.

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Super articulation only really started in the clone wars years. And 2008 ish. Those clone wars figures with the first day of issue stickers on the cards had 6 points.
    Only for Star Wars, GI Joe had 6 points way before Star Wars, and as a kid I dumped my Star Wars figures for more Joes (well Cobra's really), so I'd say some kids certainly do like articulation.

I would agree that most kids don't know any better, and yep that's who they gotta sell too, but by the same token I'd say those same kids will have forgotten those toys in a month and mom or dad will throw them out. You only have to look at today's modern toy aisle to see the disposable mentality of most modern toys.

Oh yeah loved the old joes. But those O rings are a real pain now. But I never once stopped collecting SW. Never bothered me when I was a kid.

Actually playing with them, I miss no wrist articulation. Light saber battles with Kylo Ren and Kanan just don't work because they can't spin and twist the blade. Something like a stormtrooper, not so big a deal - it's point and shoot.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I stopped collecting Star Wars around the Clone Wars period, and I found it weird that the Clone Troopers were typically more articulated than Jedi and Sith! Should've been the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    2. Why do you need more articulation? You dont play with them or touch them. They just stand on a shelf getting all dusty.
    perhaps, but sometimes you might want to actually change the way they stand there...

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    perhaps, but sometimes you might want to actually change the way they stand there...
    Haha. Been collecting SW figures since 1978 and have not done that yet. Lol but hey who knows one day I may feel the need

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The Assault Walker was already out at BigW Garden City... but probably by accident as nothing else was.
    It was only $30, which was pretty cheap for a figure and vehicle.
    was that the 12 inch version?

Can't remember, it was too long ago and I don't collect SW to know.