Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Guinness World Record for the biggest collection of Transformers

Don't believe the 1st rule, people have records where reps entered their home. It's more about scale.

e. All items must be, or have been, commercially available. Homemade items will not be counted towards the final total.

Dang!

I say do it Grif, if for no other reason than so everyone on here will then be able to say "we know that guy" and we get massive nerd cred.

Do it for us
    Spiderken Away!

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    e. All items must be, or have been, commercially available. Homemade items will not be counted towards the final total.

Dang!
    Yeah, they don't count vastly improved modifications.

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post

Dang!
    Go for the record of “a collection of the most number of custom Transformer toys”. Why not? No idea what that record would look like but you’ve got to be up there.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Please do it Griffin! I'm sick of seeing viral articles about "the biggest Transformer collection" shared every 2 or 3 months and it's 1000 bots.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Speaking of, I coincidentally saw this for the first time today:

"Worlds Largest Optimus Prime Collection"

If you're not logged in or don't have a Facebook account, they'll pop up some annoying banner in front of the video asking you to log in/sign up. Not sure if there's a way around that, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post

If you're not logged in or don't have a Facebook account, they'll pop up some annoying banner in front of the video asking you to log in/sign up. Not sure if there's a way around that, sorry.
    I know this guy.
    He collects EVERYTHING, including KO, 3P, toothbrush holders, insane little oddities... everything!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'm assuming that it's the former -- your home would be, on the day of the record setting, become like an Open Home for members of the public to come and witness the counting and official declaration.

^This so much. I think it's a matter of intellectual honesty that only a person with the largest known collection should attempt this record, and among all of us here, griffin has the largest known collection. And that's not a bad thing to claim -- you can honestly say that it is the largest known counted collection. If the record is later broken, that's fine, but none of us knew about that person's collection number until they broke griffin's record.

griffin's been quote open about his collection for years with videos and photos available. And I agree with what griffin said that if he sets the record then it will hopefully draw out people with larger collections. Basically this is a good chance for griffin to set a benchmark. It's similar to say records set in sports, and especially during the days of the first records-keeping. Records are meant to be broken, but they cannot be broken if they're never set in the first place! Take Usain Bolt for example. He had to break someone else's record to become the fastest man in the world, and there may be a day when someone else will break his incredible record. But this doesn't diminish Bolt's record, it just means that he was the fastest man at the time. And this is why the Guinness Book of Records is published annually. griffin may set the record for say the largest known Transformers collection in 2019 or 2020, and if someone breaks it later, that's fine - they will become the reigning champion for a future year. But the fact remains that griffin's was the largest known collection at the time that the record was set. There may be someone out there who's faster than Usain Bolt, but Bolt is the fastest recorded sprinter in the world.

And at 7000 odd toys it's not unreasonable for us to assume that he may have the world's largest collection -- or at very least, be one of the largest. It's not like say attempting the record with only a thousand figures. Another thing you could add is that it's the largest collection of Transformers in the world where every figure is on display. There may be collectors with even larger collections... in storage. Man, those kinds of collections would be even harder to count. For griffin the counters can walk around the room and count off each shelf. But for someone with toys in boxes, they're going to need space to carefully unpack and count each individual toy. Then that sucker's gonna have fun repacking them back into storage!

Hmmmm,

Letting folks into a person's home would be a good way of ensuring that by the time the countings done a few things would likely go missing.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post

Now I have seen it for the first time too haha. I love how dedicated this guy is. Reminds me of Hollywood Hoist’s Bumblebee collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I know this guy.
    He collects EVERYTHING, including KO, 3P, toothbrush holders, insane little oddities... everything!
    I do this lol. It’s normal for character specific collectors right?
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2