Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Info and Activities > Board Info, Member Intros & Suggestion Box

Sightings/Sales

Old 26th July 2017, 06:16 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Default New Member

Hi All,

Old timer(-ish) here. While going through my collection of childhood toys to finalise my Star Wars collection and came across all my old Transformers from the 1980s, so I now have to find room to display all of those as well.

While searching for information about the figures I had I came across this forum and after browsing a bit I thought I'd join up to get involved a bit. Not sure how much I'll add to my collection, the only one I really want that I don't already have is Soundwave.

I also have a bunch of Machine Men, but I know that seems to be a bit of a taboo in Transformers circles so hopefully you don't hold that against me!
Old 26th July 2017, 06:28 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Welcome aboard the Board!

Old timerish aye? that's a big claim around these parts sonny jim.
My tentative foray into Reviewing Movie Human alliance Characters: Coming Soon
Old 26th July 2017, 07:39 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post

We age like fine energon

Welcome dude
WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Crankcase, Carnivac, Chainclaw, Snarler, Sky High, Iguanus BOTCON/CLUB: ? CHUG: Frenzy, Eject, Broadside, Topspin, Perceptor, Slugslinger, Misfire, Chaos on Velocitron, Overlord,
ANIMATED: Soundblaster PRIME(HASTAK): Thundercracker BEAST WARS NEO: Autojetter
Old 30th July 2017, 10:08 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post

I figure I get the -ish at 40 and lose it in about 20 years.

Is there a favoured resource for matching Transformers and their accessories? I have all my stuff in one container so trying to match up all their bits and pieces is challenging.

Also, how would I go about identifying non-Transformers transforming bots? My Machine Men I've been able to work out, but there's a few off-brand obscure bots I have no idea about.
Old 30th July 2017, 01:36 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

The easiest thing to do would be to take clear pics of the accs and bots you want identified and post them in a new thread in Ratchet's Repair Bay. Then a couple of the experts here might be able to help you out.

I use tfu.info for identifying parts, but you need to search by figure first.

Anyway, welcome! would love to see pics of your collection when you get a chance, and the machine men!

"The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2
Old 30th July 2017, 06:05 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
The easiest thing to do would be to take clear pics of the accs and bots you want identified and post them in a new thread in Ratchet's Repair Bay. Then a couple of the experts here might be able to help you out.

I use tfu.info for identifying parts, but you need to search by figure first.

Anyway, welcome! would love to see pics of your collection when you get a chance, and the machine men!
Awesome, that site was what I needed. I have all the card backs or at the very least the tech specs for all the figures, so know all the figure names.

Was hoping to have it all set up today but the display shelves have to be ordered in, so will be a few weeks away now. Not as many figures as I'd remembered having, but do have the complete 1985 Devastator so happy with that.

I'll try and ID all the weird ones then, until then they'll just be known as Hamburger, Egg #1 and #2, weird plane thing and generic yellow truck.
Old 30th July 2017, 10:47 PM
Megatran

Welcome to the boards. Enjoy your stay here.

Machine Men? Who? Ha? What? .... It's all good. Don't let the negative few dissuade you from sharing your passion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barakas View Post
While going through my collection of childhood toys to finalise my Star Wars collection and came across all my old Transformers from the 1980s, so I now have to find room to display all of those as well.
It's always a pleasant surprise to find vintage toys from childhood!
Old 31st July 2017, 10:59 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
I figure I get the -ish at 40 and lose it in about 20 years.

Is there a favoured resource for matching Transformers and their accessories? I have all my stuff in one container so trying to match up all their bits and pieces is challenging.

Also, how would I go about identifying non-Transformers transforming bots? My Machine Men I've been able to work out, but there's a few off-brand obscure bots I have no idea about.
40 is a definite Old timerish, there are many of us, you've got a couple years on me however.

also consider unicron.com, it's a pretty decent resource in general.
My tentative foray into Reviewing Movie Human alliance Characters: Coming Soon
Old 11th August 2017, 10:10 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
I also have a bunch of Machine Men, but I know that seems to be a bit of a taboo in Transformers circles so hopefully you don't hold that against me!
Machine Men/Gobots are awesome for they paved the road that led to the Transformers.
Old 27th August 2017, 10:06 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Shelves finally arrived so I could set everything up.

Full collection:

Larger size Transformers including my favourite, Devastator, and a knockoff Shackwave

Smaller size, minibots and micromasters, along with a mint ungifted Skydive that was hidden in the back of my parent's cupboard where I wouldn't find my birthday present early, then forgotten for almost 30 years:

Machine Men, including another forgotten present still on card and a complete Friendly Battle Suit:

My hodge-podge of non-transformers. Dynabot, Parasite, a couple of Starriors, a McDonalds Changeable, plus yet another boxed un-gift, the Enemy Battle Suit:

The ones I was originally unsure of, but I think I've tracked down 3 of the 4. Looks like a Sky Dasher Diaclone without pilot, and the eggs seem to be He-Man Meteorbs Crocobite and Gore-illa (wonder if I should keep them on this shelf or move them to the other set of shelves with all my He-Man stuff). Last one I'm lost with. There's no manufacturer markings or date. My best guess is a knockoff Topspin, maybe a Sparkle Toys?

-

Album with full size images:
http://imgur.com/a/FZG3S

I was thinking of possibly selling the three carded/boxed figures as they don't really hold any sentimental value for me, but looking around I have no idea how much they're worth as I can't find any others available, so I'll probably end up sitting on them because I'm afraid to let them go too cheaply