Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: BigBadToyStore (BBTS) (America) feedback

Default BigBadToyStore (BBTS) (America) feedback

After I lost confidence with Robotkingdom (little to no communication, messed up orders, and wouldn't respond to an issue of a faulty item) to the point of never ordering from them again, I've had to resort to the more expensive BBTS option as a bulk-buy source (I still use ebay and some JP sources for one-off items).

I've never been too impressed by the way they have "scalped" their store exclusives, or any item that is limited (anyone remember their Beast Machines Battle Unicorn?).

Anyway, aside from their pricing policy, they are great for communication and customer satisfaction.
    Last month I ordered several items, including the first wave case of JP EZ Chronicle figures. It was listed as the standard (sealed) grade, so getting a case of 12 should have at least 1 of each of the 8 figures (no chase figures in this series). I've never had a master case without 1 of each figure before... so when the shipment arrived, the case arrived like this:

It was already torn open, and had two rubber bands holding it together. Since the master case is supposed to be "sealed" with a single piece of tape, this was already not the condition listed. But I'm not too fussed about packaging, so was willing to let it go if all 8 figures were there (in good condition of course). But as soon as I undid the bands, I started to get a bit worried, as two of the inner boxes had tape on them as if they had been resealed... I immediately thought of a past ebay purchase that had an SCF figurine master case of opened boxes, from the owner looking for Chase figures or looking for the colour version of the Scorponok/Zarak figure - one master case would have all colour, one would have all pewter, so opening one inner box would let you know if you have the colour one (but the seller didn't note this on the auction, as it would have been nice to have a chance at getting a chase figure).

So back to the BBTS master case - I just knew that something was going to be missing, as the condition of the master case suggested someone had raided it, and once they found what they wanted, they left the rest sealed.
    After a few minutes opening up all 12 inner boxes, my suspicions were true - there was no Gen1 Optimus figure.

So I emailed BBTS with details and the photo above, and within a day they were offering to send out the missing figure. They noted that they were aware of the master case looking like that when they got it (not sure if it was the only one and they remembered it, or if all of their cases look like that), and said that it shouldn't have been listed as "standard" (sealed) grade.

I confirmed that I was just after a single Gen1 Optimus figure (I didn't know if there was supposed to be 1 or 2, but one was all I wanted), and I suggested that they could just send it with my next order (to save hassle and expense). But the next day I got an email shipping notice, saying that it was already on its way.

So if it arrives, it would be a testament to their exceptional customer service and satisfaction standards.

So they sent it free then? No charge to you at all? that's awesome if they did.

I for one have bought from them and as you did say they are quite pricy on their shipping but as far as reliability that the items do arrive they take the cake...also they communicate immediately if something has gone awry with the order. RK, ugh, emailed me 10 days after saying my order can't be fulfilled and they'll just refund, havent ordered from them ever since... also love the pile of loot system that BBTS have.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Yeap, BBTS is the shiznit when it comes to customer service. When I ordered my first Generations Scourge it had two left fists. I immediately sent them a pic of this and the next day I received an email apologising and explaining that a replacement figure (sans weapons) was on its way.

Their exclusive prices are pretty horrendous I agree, but sometimes if the items stagnate for too long they go on clearance and can be had at a more palatable price. Overall a good store but I generally go with RK or Ebay to save a few clams.

Is there a pic in griffin's post that i can't see?

Agree /w most of the comments so far (bar the pile of loot...sorry liege )

Prices - 3/5 Fairly high, but then again they're U.S based and have to import a lot of their stock

Shipping - 3.5/5 Again, I find their shipping prices to be on the high side, even with their "pile of loot" system. They make up for it with expertly packed parcels and prompt shipping though

Communication/Customer Service - 5/5 Perfect in all aspects. Had a couple of minor issue with them (item was described as being MIB but arrived loose complete) but they were quick to rectify and issued store credit

In summary - You get what you paid for. Prices/shipping costs may be higher than other online stores, but the service is outstanding

I think what impressed me the most was how my order was packed. Best packaging I have recieved a TF in & that includes members here which is certainly saying something!

I find their stuff a bit pricey, but due to collecting mostly MISB/MOSC items, I use their 'upgrade to collector's grade' option quite often, which most other stores don't offer. I never had problems with the condition of their collector grade items. I like their Pile of Loot system too (mine's been piling up since 30/09/10).
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

The replacement EZ Optimus arrived yesterday, by UPS, which would have cost them a bit to do. Very happy with their customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    I find their stuff a bit pricey, but due to collecting mostly MISB/MOSC items, I use their 'upgrade to collector's grade' option quite often, which most other stores don't offer. I never had problems with the condition of their collector grade items. I like their Pile of Loot system too (mine's been piling up since 30/09/10).
    Heh I can only imagine that as a MISB/MOSC collector, your shipments will be fairly large and probably equate to a saving of somewhere around $50-$100?

That is a fair saving on shipping - though over a period of 1+ years that you've been waiting, it almost becomes negligible. I'd rather have those figures to be in my possession for display and enjoyment, as opposed to languishing in a warehouse on the other side of the world for months and months just so I can save a few dollars.

Sort of came to that conclusion when I finally decided to ship one of my loot piles after a year of waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    Be careful that the shipment value isn't over $1000, otherwise you will get hammered with import duties, customs duties and other related taxes.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)