View Poll Results: How should the Star Wars Sequels deal with the character of Leia?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Use previously unused film

0 0%
  • Use a body double with CG modified face

5 31.25%
  • Use a new actress

2 12.50%
  • Remove the character off screen

8 50.00%
  • Other (please specify)

1 6.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Carrie Fisher

Default RIP Carrie Fisher

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...-princess-leia

So... what do you guys think should be done with Leia in future Sequels (Eps VIII and/or IX).
    A. unused footage; there would probably be deleted scenes with Carrie from The Force Awakens which they might be able to digitally insert into new scenes in Eps VIII and/or IX.
    B. use a body double with a digitally altered face, as they did with (Rogue One Spoilers): Leia and Tarkin.
    C. just hire another actress without digital altering (as they've done with Mon Mothma in Revenge of the Sith and Rogue One).
    D. create an off-screen reason for her non-appearance mentioned verbally by another character or in writing (opening text crawl)
    E. other ideas?

B and C seem like the best options to me. C would definitely be cheaper for the studio. Option B would see them spend millions of dollars digitally altering a body double's face just for a limited amount of screen time, whereas Option C would save the studio a looot of money. And CG altered faces will never look completely real to audiences, while a new actress will never actually look like Fisher.

P.S.: Option B should also require permission from Fisher's family, out of respect. Rogue One did obtain permission and blessing from Peter Cushing's estate in using his likeness in the film.

In my experience, CG modified faces, while they look decent at the time, ironically do not age well. Best to just get a new actor.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Oh snap - she died?! I heard about the heart attack but didn't know it proved fatal

I think they should just let the character die too

What a waste of a question!!!!

Ep 8 has wrapped, everything is filmed already. And we don't know if she makes it to the end to have been needed in 9.

Poor girl though... What a way to go... drowned in moonlight, strangled by her own bra.

RIP

I personally have a problem with actors who have died that show up in new movies after they have passed away recently. It just seems creepy to me. Makes me sad. Anton Yelchen and Paul Walker are other examples.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Rip , kind of regretted not going to comic con to meet her.

Carrie Fisher actually finished her work on Episode VIII before her passing, so it seems absolutely possible for her to still appear in the next film; just as Anton Yelchen appeared in Star Trek Beyond, and Drewe Henley managed to finish his work on Rogue One before passing away in February this year (although his physical appearance is based on archival video, he did voice himself over with new dialogue). And of course, Orson Welles finished his work on The Transformers The Movie a year before its release.
    http://variety.com/2016/film/news/ca...-8-1201948826/

I suppose it's up to the filmmakers to work in a reason as to why she won't appear in Episode IX.

It wouldn't be impossible, but they may still be able to use her character or likeness in episode 9. That's if Leia manages to survive the events of episode 8.

Massive undertaking if they do decide to use unused footage or CGI, and then trying to cut and paste phrases from existing material, pitch correction, so and so forth.

My money's on an elegant funeral scene with Kylo, Rey and Luke.

I'm waiting till Rogue One is out on Blu-ray cause I hate the cinema but my understanding is they used some type of CGI technique to resurrect two characters/actors from the dead. If they did two characters for Rogue One I'm sure they can do General Leia in Episode VIII.