Hi fella TF enthusiasts

I would like to share with everyone here how I began Collecting Transformers. The love for Transformers has always been in me ever since I was five years old but below you can read about why, after 27 years, I got sucked in again and taken the form of a collector.

You see I was brought up in the United States and when I was five I owned Grimlock, Sludge and Jetfire. I loved everything about these toys. The complex Transformation, the mind-blowing rubsign and raw concept of mish-mashing robots with dinosaurs, vehicles, etc. Those figures coupled with the cartoon, managed to fascinate me with Transformers. We later moved back to my home country, Iraq and along followed my toys and a few videotaped Transformers episodes. I was obsessed with the Devastator toy commercial and have always wanted to have one. Back when we were in the States it was my parents who denied me Devy because of the price.... and later when we moved back Iraq... well not alot to say about that, you know!

Life went on, I grew up and my 3 Transformers managed to disappear. I moved to Sweden 5 years ago... and 27 years after my first Transformer sighting, I discovered the spark was still in me. It was on the day I managed to get a hold of a whole bunch of G1 Transformers comics in Swedish. I hadn't read any comics by that time and the Transformers universe for me revolved around my three original toys, a few episodes of the G1 series and my knowledge of the existence of the Autobots and Decepticons along with their respective leaders, Optimus and Megatron.

I got the complete G1 cartoon series and watched the first two seasons. As nostalgic as it was yet it didn't do it for me. I had always imagined there was more to it than the cartoon episodes managed to supply, so I took out the comics I had purchased and started reading. I had to acknowledge that the experience was more satisfactory. And I also managed to finally do what I always wanted..... went on ebay and purchased a G1 Grimlock.

From the point I received Grimlock and started examining him.. well, I knew there was no going back. I had to obtain the whole G1 series. This was 10 months ago. and since then I managed to collect and learn alot. I've built quite the collection so far and made quite the bargains and, also, got ripped off on many other occasions. But you know what, Thats the way, aha aha, I like it.

this is how things have went down for so far and I would like to thank you guys for passing by this post and am really looking forward to having some fun on this site.

Cheers/ Gavnushkatron