Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: CHECK or REMOVE your old BATTERIES

Thanks a bunch, I never would have figured that out without instructions.

Added more details to the listing today. Just about done all the non-movie toys now. (going through the more recent toys now, I now have a huge pile of good batteries with nothing to use them on)

Has anyone ever experience leakage/corrosion with watch batteries though? Cos I've only experienced it with non-watch batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Has anyone ever experience leakage/corrosion with watch batteries though? Cos I've only experienced it with non-watch batteries.
    I have, I assume you mean the LR44 or whatever they are ones. I had some leak. I had taken them out before hand. They seem less likely to and the damage doesn't look to be as bad as the larger batteries, but they can still leak.

He must be referring to something other than the LR44 (these ones), as I detailed in length on the first post about how easily those LR44 Button Cells leak, as well as showing 3 different photos to prove it.

Other types of Button Cells (perhaps in watches) can be made of other materials that might not be as prone to leaking, which is what he might be talking about.

But as I mentioned in the first post, ALL batteries (button or big) in Transformers toys need to be removed, as they ALL eventually leak.

Just spent 2 hours getting all the batteries out of my TFs. Most of them are super easy. MP 01 & 04 were bit of a pain though as one crucial step in the instruction was explained only in words and not in pics, and I can't read Japanese. I've managed to figure it out by extremely careful mild exertions. The whole process involved partial transformation and dismantling parts. And as a side effect some other parts accidentally fell off too. Fortunately there's been no damage or new stress mark, and the fallen parts are easily reattached.

Anyone having trouble with their MP 01 & 04 batteries, I'm happy to help!

The list is just about complete.... yay!

Anything with a ? is something I don't have or can't get to. So if you can help make this list totally complete, it will be greatly appreciated and forever archived as the only the only list of its kind in the fandom.

Things specifically needed...
    1986 Sky Lynx (I only have the reissue, and since Reissue Galvatron was changed, I wanted to check this one too)
    Tonka Airlift Andy, Fire Marshal Mike, Charlie Chopper - I only have Policeman Pete so am guessing the rest
    Universe 25th Anniversary Gen1 Optimus (both versions) - mine are sealed, so haven't been able to get to the soundbox
    RotF Remote Controlled Bumblebee (big version, which only appeared at DJs I think)
    RotF Red Rooster Bumblebee torch (needs a TP3 screwdriver to open)

AGAIN, if I missed any TFs toy that has batteries/electronics, please let me know about it, or post details on the Complete Battery Listing.

Oh, and remember, post the link to the Listing to other TF fansites you visit, as I'm sure other fans would want to know what toys they need to protect from battery leakage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Like April Fools day which has become 'Change the battery in your fire alarm day.'

Lets make November the 1st National Toy Battery change day!!
    +1. Doesn't hurt at all to have an annual reminder to check these things.

I've just been around and actually taken all of the batteries out of my TFs, triggered by reading this thread. Only 2 were leaking slightly, with some slight scaling on the contacts, but nothing serious. A quick scrub with some steel wool clears it right up.

I was somewhat surprised with the 1.1kg of batteries I ended up with after going through all my TFs!

SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

Hate to MIB my MISB stuffs...