Thread: TakaraTomy site update - Movie & 30th Anniversary

Default TakaraTomy site update - Movie & 30th Anniversary

Updates on the TakaraTomy site features the first 15 Movie toys, and some of the 30th Anniversary projects for Japan.

The first four projects announced are...

1 - a real truck & trailer painted up to homage Gen1 Optimus Prime (maybe for shows and promotions).

2 - midnight release of the Movie toyline on May 16th at some ToysRUs store in Japan.

3 - a Transformers Expo in Yokohama in August (posted in another news posting), that is aimed to be the biggest Transformers convention ever (it goes for 9 days).

4 - another Optimus Prime deco on the Super GT toy mould.
    Last edited by griffin; 18th April 2014 at 09:25 PM.

I noticed that TakTOM are calling Evasion Mode Optimus Prime and High Octane Bumblebee "Classic Optimus Prime" and "Classic Bumblebee" respectively.
    The first one made me go "Heh, seewhatchoodidthar" and the latter made me go, "Buh??"

Oh, and Slug is called SLAG!

Has there been additional hints of whether Project 1 Prime will have a Movieverse-like or Classicsverse-like robot mode?

Having a completely modernised alt mode to a retro-styled robot mode might be pretty cool.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Has there been additional hints of whether Project 1 Prime will have a Movieverse-like or Classicsverse-like robot mode?

Having a completely modernised alt mode to a retro-styled robot mode might be pretty cool.
    An update now has it noted as being a real truck done in Gen1 Optimus styling... so not an actual toy.

1 - a real truck & trailer painted up to homage Gen1 Optimus Prime (maybe for shows and promotions).

Man, I would love to go to that Transformers expo!

Wasn't sure where else to put this, but, Anime-Export have just thrown up a whole swath of "Takara Advanced" TF4 Movie figure preorders.

Another TakaraTomy 30th Anniversary item is a translucent EZ (Legends) Optimus... with a metal peg in one foot to go with the Stomp & Chomp Grimlock magnetic gimmick. (the figure will be able to ride the dinosaur mode... and possibly affect the light-up gimmick - maybe depending on which foot the metal/magnet is located will activate red or blue eyes)

The toy is said to be a freebie at the Japanese midnight launch of the Movie toyline on the 16th at ToysRUs.

I was going to go with Hasbro's AOE toys but I like both Takara's new Prime's deco's more than Hasbro. Guess I'll have to wait for HLJ to reopen their orders, not going to pay RK or BBTS's prices.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Another TakaraTomy 30th Anniversary item is a translucent EZ (Legends) Optimus... with a metal peg in one foot to go with the Stomp & Chomp Grimlock magnetic gimmick. (the figure will be able to ride the dinosaur mode... and possibly affect the light-up gimmick - maybe depending on which foot the metal/magnet is located will activate red or blue eyes)

The toy is said to be a freebie at the Japanese midnight launch of the Movie toyline on the 16th at ToysRUs.
    I bought the one step change Grimlock, and noticed the same metal pin magnet mounted on his right snout. I wonder if bad guys are negatively poled and good guys positively?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Looking forward to the super gt mould.