Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Hero Mashers

Default Transformers Hero Mashers

From an online store in Brazil (of all places), some new Transformers products have leaked, and none of it is main line stuff either.
    (and the online store is now not working, so the sudden attention might have killed it )

Hero Mashers look to be a new(?*) toyline concept by Hasbro, that feeds off their Construct-Bots concept - interchangeable parts to mix-n-match.
    So far there are Marvel Superheroes released in the Mashers toyline, but now it looks like Transformers will be next... so now you can make your own "Autobot X" toys.

The first six shown are (movie spoiler) Grimlock, Optimus, Starscream, Bulkhead, Bumblebee, Bludgeon.

Since the source site is currently down, I can't see if there were any dates or prices listed with these... as the fans on the two global fansites didn't mention any specific details or if there was a lack of details.

The one detail that was fortunately copied at the Seibertron site, was that the movie character figure mentioned above, has electronics but is still interchangeable with any other Masher.

(* I had a look online for info on existing Mashers, and as far as I can tell, they are out... as the Hasbro site has them listed as released... but I couldn't find anything older than a couple months, so might be really new)

Hasbro is already doing this for their Marvel Super Hero Mashers. Figures with interchangeable arms legs and heads.

Only makes sense they'd do it with Transformers characters too.

As far as I know, they only launched them this year.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

I want he who cannot be named - he looks fricken awesome!!!

Prior to the Marvel Mashers, Hasbro were also using a similar system with the Iron Man 3 Assemblers, which by the way are still massive pegwarmers

http://www.hasbro.com/en_AU/shop/det...F14329A9:en_AU

I'll be interested in how the well kids will take to the TF spin on it -from what i've seen, their current attempts at this concept seem to be tanking

So that's a G1 inspired Grimlock from my estimations

God I hope I'm wrong and that's the actual AOE colours for Grimmy!!!

I consider these to be the modern successor to actionmasters

Now all we need are the vehicles

Saw the Marvel Hero Mashers filling a large part of the front of the Garden City TRU store, for an idea of what the Transformers ones will look like on the shelves... and how much they will be here ($20 "basic" - $30 "deluxe" - $40 electronic).

Saw the prices in their catalogue....

Hello warming of the pegs.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Admittedly, just going by their size on the shelves, they will look like better value than our regular size-class prices. Those simple "basic" ones for $20 are bigger than our $30 Deluxe class... so to some parents, or young kids, it will look like better value for the same character as a toy.
    Then it just comes down to how the kids react to it not being a convertible toy, if they expect that all Transformers (r) should transform.