Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
For the life of me, I cannot see how the TR version is worse than the G1 version. Unless you're referring to a specific mode or modes.
The plane mode is a nose and cockpit with awkward tucked up legs behind it. It requires too much imagination to accept as a credible plane. This is the worst mode by far.

The aircraft carrier has giant aircraft fins sticking out of it and is generally not very clean along the hull sides in both form and colour. In comparison the G1 version is able to hide all fins perfectly and it's brickiness makes it more legit as an aircraft carrier (albeit an older model) even with the giant hinges on the flight deck. I thought the stock photos for the TR version were a classic mistransform and was very disappointed to discover it this was not the case in-hand. Finally to be REALLY petty the 'stands' for the aircraft carrier are poorly designed and keel over too easily.

The only fault with the G1 version is that the bot mode was a very unarticulate brick and the plane mode was very blocky and lazy in terms of transformation. This is one of the rare occasions where I actually wish they were lazy and just produced a G1 toy with more articulation (like they did with Sixshot).