Page 137 of 168 FirstFirst ... 117127132133134135136137138139140141142147157 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1679

Thread: The 3rd party acquisitions thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Batfan007 View Post
    It looks to me like a mix of the US marvel comic, Rebirth toon and G1 toy.
    I'd be curious to know what their main influence was, but we will probably never know unless somebody does an interview or whatever.

I notice in the opening sequence, his face is more detailed (and considerably diff than the G1 toy)

His chest piece is there, but only black in the show, rather than orange like the comic. I wonder if there is a Sunbow sheet somewhere that can show us the Rebirth version with his full colors, rather than the simplified version you get in far away shots - and some close ups like that box there where his ears are black rather than orange, but then a few seconds later they are orange again (same thing you saw with the simplified gestalts whenever they merged, less lines, less colors, details etc = faster to animate / cheaper).
    Oops only saw these questions now :-P. But Ye the design is suppose to be base on the comic oppose to the toon but the final design def borrowed elements from both

turns out the model sheet used for reference was used as the basis for the marvel comics version and the AKOM G1 cartoon version.

Answer (and the model sheet img) came courtesy of wunderkind Chris McFeely.

Anyhow, while I have the g1 scorponok, that Iron Factory one is irresistible to me and a definite buy next year.

Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    Mine arrived too. He looks awesome in the flesh

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Got my Not cliff jumper ACE toys 01 Tumbler today

this little dude is so cute, with some seriously hefty diecast feet and a nice display box and stand

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoRDS View Post
    Got my Not cliff jumper ACE toys 01 Tumbler today

this little dude is so cute, with some seriously hefty diecast feet and a nice display box and stand
    From PC or? Was thinking of grabbing it from there even though the other ones coming out seem better value... I'd just be reselling the hubcap as i have no interest.

After a long wait i recieved my boost and hatch, quite happy and understand about the feet but i seemed to have more trouble getting the arms out on hatch, plus the other eyes (the full blue one) is loose so i gotta dip up some nail polish. Makes me want to grab arkose now... while I wait anxiously for FT Sovereign (was hoping he'd be here for xmas but alas).

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Akky82 View Post
    From PC or? Was thinking of grabbing it from there even though the other ones coming out seem better value... I'd just be reselling the hubcap as i have no interest.

After a long wait i recieved my boost and hatch, quite happy and understand about the feet but i seemed to have more trouble getting the arms out on hatch, plus the other eyes (the full blue one) is loose so i gotta dip up some nail polish. Makes me want to grab arkose now... while I wait anxiously for FT Sovereign (was hoping he'd be here for xmas but alas).

i get all my stuff from chimungmung (now www.robotoybase.com )

was posted last thursday and arrived today. got my payment request for ACE-02 this afternoon, paid it and 20mins later got notice that he's shipped it and have my tracking number already

Quote Originally Posted by CoRDS View Post
    i get all my stuff from chimungmung (now www.robotoybase.com )

was posted last thursday and arrived today. got my payment request for ACE-02 this afternoon, paid it and 20mins later got notice that he's shipped it and have my tracking number already
    What are their shipping rates to OZ like?

Quote Originally Posted by Batfan007 View Post
    What are their shipping rates to OZ like?
    About the same as robotkingdom iirc. But you have an option to have the items shipped without their packaging to save on postage costs.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Not long ago I got a hold of the brown boxed KO G1 Browning made a couple of years ago. I don't really dabble in KO/3rd party (this might be my 3rd one), but I'll never get a legit browning anytime soon so why not.

I'd love to see it side by side with the genuine article, because in isolation this thing is stunning. Amazing quality.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------