Page 23 of 112 FirstFirst ... 31318192021222324252627283343 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam !!!!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    yeah love the solar reflector.... that different ...
    also saw the MG version of the dark exia , it looks out of proportion to me ... short and stubby ...look like he got a giant nappy on
    I am so pissed off with bandai for not releasing the other main characters for 00, and by the time they done it people grow out of this hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    yeah love the solar reflector.... that different ...
    also saw the MG version of the dark exia , it looks out of proportion to me ... short and stubby ...look like he got a giant nappy on
    I showed a friend the Ark Exia and he is like, that looks like TF Movie Starscream. Now every time I look at it I see Starscream!

Ya I too like the solar reflectors, I wonder if they would look good blue like the X. Looking forward to preordering.

Just a reminder to buy the PG Armour parts from AE or NY even if you are not keen to build the Unicorn now but later.

The armour parts WILL NOT be reissued, once sold out, they are gone for good regardless how popular it was. Your only chance would be Bandai releasing a full armour unicorn pg edition. (probably with green LED, knowing them well)

there are some amazing kits out there , but a this one is just beyond awesome

GSM 1/24 Rx-93-2 Hi Nu Gundam Head Display Model Custom Painted/Buit by DangHoang & SethTuna

just seeing it move

Very very awesome.
    Could you imagine a whole gundam like this in that scale. EPIC!

I've been watching the unicorn build over on hlj and I must say some of the engineering is pretty cool like the knees. Wish my HG did that.

My wife and I have recently taking up building Gundam models, despite having no real knowledge of the source material beyond my hazy half-memories of watching Gundam Wing on Cartoon Network as a kid. Still, that frees us up to just pick what looks cool.

These are the models we've completed so far. Exia Dark Matter, Strike Rouge, and RX-78 are mine, Victory Two is my wife's. I have the advantage of an earlier start and a bit more free time, but she got creative with the Gundam pen on hers. These are all HG kits, but I'm currently working on (and hope to finish this weekend) my first RG build, Strike Freedom. We got lucky with the kits in that there's a shop in Rocky that actually sells them (unlike damn near everything else), but when we first went in, only Strike Rouge and Victory Two were available. My wife HATES pink so naturally I ended up building Strike Rouge, not that I object too much because it's pretty awesome. Fortunately they've since restocked so our collection should grow over the next few months and include some larger Master Grade kits, too.

most of the gundam series isn't that good anyways....as the story tend to be to political for my taste .... i like only the gundam 00 series ...even the unicorn one was boring and i had to wait years for that to finish cause it a OVA movie each episode ..
    I recommend watching gundam build fighter as that about build gundams but it aim at a younger audience ... and that cool Exia dark matter in it

Are you planning to paint them up and decal them?...

If you are not keen into painting do the minimum.
    Clear coat and some panel lining.

We have a Gundam marker. That's about as far as I've gone. Like I said, my wife got creative and drew some detailing with it. I'm not big into painting and I'm pretty pleased with the way they look built out of the box, but if anyone has any tips on what I can do to pretty them up I'd be interested to hear.

Some fine pens can do wonders for penal lining
    A clear coat protect the white from turning yellow