Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 47576263646566676869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    While we're on the subject of trance, the backing music I've been using for transforming Six Shot are the Underworld albums Beaucoup Fish and AHundredDaysOff (both tour editions) as well as the Pushing Upstairs and King of Snake singles.

I've been transforming Sky Shadow and Six Shot to the sounds of Black Sabbath (the Ozzy years) and Guardians of the Galaxy deluxe edition.

Yesterday I saw Hans Zimmer live at Rod Laver Arena. He performed music from Sherlock Holmes, Crimson Tide, Interstellar, The Lion King, Pirates of the Caribbean, Gladiator, Batman vs. Superman, The Dark Knight trilogy and others.

Was cranking some Alice Cooper earlier and in a moment of euphoria posited to Tetsuwan Convoy, "What is the greatest intro of all time?", with a link to Alice's Bed of Nails ready to go.

I mean, i love that intro, the spooky start is a great buildup followed by an epic Alice "yeaaaaah" scream for almost a solid 10 seconds! Greatest ever, probably not. Shit, Alice himself probably has better ones, but dammit it was good enough that I had to send it to someone to share that moment, and Tets was right there waiting unbeknownst!

Then the asshole responded with just "Money for Nothing" and i was all like of ****ing course. My parents had the Brothers in Arms album when i was growing up and though i love the whole thing, I used to listen to just the intro of Money for Nothing over and over. Then tonight, an hour and a half later, i was still listening to it again. The real one, the long one.

Now if you're talking buildup, there is simply nothing that comes close to this. A minute or so of buildup and then the epic hits. 1:13, your hair stands on ends. 1:26 it's freaking electrified and feels like it's gonna jump out of your body as chills come all over. Then, dat Guitar. 30 times in a row it doesn't matter, the reaction is the same every damn time!

I conceded ol' Tets was right and remarked just the intro to this song is better than 99% of songs. I mean, there's good intros, there's outstanding (poor old Alice!) intros and then, there's Money for Nothing, way up in the stratosphere air guitar-ing far, far beyond anything else.

Some other asshole gonna prove me wrong?!

Breaking Benjamin and Foo Fighters - great listening at 5am when it is the only music that will settle my teething son

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Was cranking some Alice Cooper earlier and in a moment of euphoria posited to Tetsuwan Convoy, "What is the greatest intro of all time?", with a link to Alice's Bed of Nails ready to go.

I mean, i love that intro, the spooky start is a great buildup followed by an epic Alice "yeaaaaah" scream for almost a solid 10 seconds! Greatest ever, probably not. Shit, Alice himself probably has better ones, but dammit it was good enough that I had to send it to someone to share that moment, and Tets was right there waiting unbeknownst!

Then the asshole responded with just "Money for Nothing" and i was all like of ****ing course. My parents had the Brothers in Arms album when i was growing up and though i love the whole thing, I used to listen to just the intro of Money for Nothing over and over. Then tonight, an hour and a half later, i was still listening to it again. The real one, the long one.

Now if you're talking buildup, there is simply nothing that comes close to this. A minute or so of buildup and then the epic hits. 1:13, your hair stands on ends. 1:26 it's freaking electrified and feels like it's gonna jump out of your body as chills come all over. Then, dat Guitar. 30 times in a row it doesn't matter, the reaction is the same every damn time!

I conceded ol' Tets was right and remarked just the intro to this song is better than 99% of songs. I mean, there's good intros, there's outstanding (poor old Alice!) intros and then, there's Money for Nothing, way up in the stratosphere air guitar-ing far, far beyond anything else.

Some other asshole gonna prove me wrong?!
    Can't argue with Money For Nothing. But a close personal second for me would be Parabol by Tool. It's a 3 minute intro to the next song, Parabola.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Breaking Benjamin and Foo Fighters - great listening at 5am when it is the only music that will settle my teething son
    I only discovered Breaking Benjamin last year. They're pretty damn cool. Can't believe I went all those years never having heard of them.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Carry on My Wayward Son, We Will Rock You, You Give Love A Bad Name, Free Bird, Hotel California, All Along The Watchtower, You Could Be Mine (the drums alone make me want to barrel roll through brick walls)... All great intro's and plenty more that I've missed.

That's probably not my favourite Tool intro, i'd go for Eulogy or Sober.

You Could Be Mine would be one of my favs from Gun's as well! Can't look past Sweet Child & November Rain, Coma, Paradise City, Don't Damn Me though! Bon Jovi side, i'd be thinking Raise Your Hand (not complete without a dancing John Candy dressed as a Mog)

I just think Money for Nothing kind of transcends even the prerequisite of liking music, period. Someone who hates all music could hear that intro and get the same chills as a lover of that style I think!

I have lots of personal favs that i'm under no illusion appeal to anyone but those already with an aligned taste. Some with more concepty uniqueness perhaps. Nine Inch Nails Heresy, March of the Pigs, Closer (3 in a row!), Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar, The Prodigy Poison, Firestarter, Metallica's For Whom The Bell Tolls, Enter Sandman, Four Horsemen, Seek and Destroy, Creeping Death (I mean, pretty much all of Metallica old songs have awesome intros!). Robert Palmer Some Like it Hot, Meatloaf's I'd do anything for love, those probably have more general appeal.

Alestorm's latest track from their next album. Heavy language in the song so beware if you don't like that kinda thing. But a hilarious song hahaha

https://youtu.be/th4Czv1j3F8