Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

With all the talk of gaming lately I figured we may as well have a thread for it. Kudos to Autocon for putting the idea in my head.

What I'm playing:-

Borderlands (PS3) - This game has pretty much stolen the last week of my life, and for good reason. A perfect mix of FPS and RPG. Finished Playthrough 1 yesterday afternoon with a Lv.35 Hunter and started the first few quests of Playthrough 2. Alternating between a Sniper and Hunter class-mod. Current build, expected build.

Killzone 2 (PS3) - Completed the second mission. Only started last night so haven't progressed far, and have yet to try out the online Warzone but looking forward to. Still trying to get accustomed to how amazing the graphics during gameplay are.

Tekken 6 (PS3) - Unlocked the first 8 characters in Arena Mode (from Scenario) and opened their movies. Words cannot express how much I love the Tekken series. Online is disappointing however, and it would have been awesome if they'd incorporated a Tekken Tag-style mode. And for a technical fighter, fighting Azazel is bull****, necessitating the entire match button spent mashing/spamming.
    Last edited by Sleeve; 16th November 2009 at 02:32 PM.

I just read a Dragon Age Origins review and was completely sold. Just ordered it for PC.

Batman Arkham Assylum should be waiting for me at my PO Box.

Just finished Kingdom Hearts DS. The ending was so sad...
    -=≡OrionPax≡=-

Knights of my untidy study

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Batman Arkham Assylum should be waiting for me at my PO Box.
    One of the best games I have played. Ever.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Interesting, lets other people know what we're playing and recommend.

Me, well, I'm playing pokemon of course on my DS and geometry wars galaxies. Highly recommended that one is.

PC (which is my primary gaming), I was playing borderlands, I got past the town after the mad max rip off and quite frankly, my interest dropped sharply to like 3% as it's just gotten pretty much same ol' same ol'. *yawn*. It went from awesome story to grinding fetch quest.

Today I've been playing overlord as it's insane stupid cheap on steam right now for the 3 games, less than $10. It's not too bad, for a role reversal game. Almost dungeon keeper in a ways.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    PC (which is my primary gaming), I was playing borderlands, I got past the town after the mad max rip off and quite frankly, my interest dropped sharply to like 3% as it's just gotten pretty much same ol' same ol'. *yawn*. It went from awesome story to grinding fetch quest.
    For a while I thought it was only okay, but after a few hours (and a few level-ups) it really started to grab me. You're right about the grinding fetch quest, that did get tedius and now knowing I have to play through it all again is daunting. The constant micro-managment of guns gets annoying too, but regardless I'm addicted to this game. There's just something about it.

Post removed and re-posted in separate thread here
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 16th November 2009 at 02:08 PM.

What a great time to be a gamer it is! Last few games I've completed include Batman: Arkham Asylum and Uncharted 2, and now I'm onto the non-stop action extravaganza that is Modern Warfare 2. Batman was a huge surprise, I knew it would be good but how it blended the action/stealth was incredibly smooth. It was just AAA from go to wo and features some breathtaking set pieces. Speaking of set pieces, anyone who's played Uncharted 2 can tell you there are several moments inparticular that really escalated what to now expect from blockbuster action games. If you thought Batman had some impressive scenes you ain't seen nothing yet! More impressive is the character development and how the relationships between the characters play out throughout the game. Nathan Drake is the man!

Modern Warfare is more of the same but as fun as ever, and the inclusion of the Spec-Ops mode looks like it will add some solid single player time ontop of the already impressive campaign.

As good as this game is, and I never thought I'd say this, but I think Treyarch's COD: World at War is still the best game in the COD series and it's campaign absolutely smashes what I've played of MW2 so far (4 hours so quite a bit). MW2 just doesn't seem as gritty, doesn't immerse me as much and the level design is more run-of-the-mill. WOW just did everything right in my eyes and totally nailed the atmsophere.

So I'll probably be playing MW2 up until December when my pre-order of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories arrives (US - Wii version) which I'm really looking forward to being a huge Silent Hill/psych horror nut. I'm trying not to order Sin and Punishment 2 at the same time as I should wait for the US/PAL version (and I also think if I get a new Silent Hill AND Treasure game in the same month my brain will explode from all the awesome) but time will tell...I wonder what other glorious delights await us in 2010...The Last Guardian is one title I am REALLY looking forward to.

Playing Dragon Age: Origins.

It's very, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I really like... (board game post snipped)
    Try to recognise that these 'gaming' topics being raised by others, are the 'computer/console' type, not 'board' type. Your posts are essentially offtopic.

If you want to talk about board games, it is best to start a 'boardgame topic' so that your 'offtopic' posts do not annoy people trying to talk about computer games here.