Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a favourite G1 episode?

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Default Do you have a favourite G1 episode?

By G1, I mean from Season 1 all the way through to Zone.

Last night I felt like watching an episode or 2 & it got me thinking "Do I have a favourite G1 episode?" & immediately it hit me - "Yes ".

It's that Season 1 episode where we first meet Skyfire entitled "Fire in the Sky".

IMO it's just a great episode - The background story, Skyfire's questioning of his allegiance & the ending with the 'Bots saying their goodbyes (until they free him from the ice a couple of episodes later ).

Overall, I feel as though it was one of the best written episodes in all of G1 (bias aside of course ).

Then again, the Season 2 episode "The Gambler" gets a special mention in that it encourages you to cheat to win when gambling...

hmmmmmmmmmmm there all good

Id say season 1- More then meets the eye pt 1

Season 2- A Prime Problem

Season 3- Dark Awakening

Season 4- Rebirth pt 1

Season 5- The ep where Grimlock pilots optimuses shuttle

Headmasters- Episode 1

That is all the g1 ive seen

I love the latter half of season 2. The Gambler, Triple Takeover, Starscream's Brigade, Revenge of Bruticus, Trans Europe Express and both parts of The Key to Vector Sigma are my favourites.

That being said the day I picked up the first part of season 3 I had a really horrible day at work. My boss was being a real tool (seems to happen alot). Anyway when I got home (my wife was working late) I cooked myself a couple of hamburgers (I love my own hamburgers) and sat down and watched five faces of darkness. It was a really nice evening at the end of a day I'd rather forget. Since then (although it's not the best episode/s) I still enjoy watching five faces of darkness if I'm sick or feeling down.

Im currently watching all of the G1 stuff again and just finished watching The Gambler.

My favourite episode though would have to be The Key To Vector Sigma pt 1 & 2 ive watched those episodes so many times because they were only episodes i had when i was a kid. I just love the Stunticons there my favourite combiner team.
    My parents actually dubbed the episodes from a rental vhs over to beta and then back to vhs and they also put TFTM on the same tape, that tape got thrashed when i was little and in my teeanage years.

A few that stick out in my head mainly because I liked them when a I was a kid are:

The Golden Lagoon

The Ultimate Weapon

As far as artwork goes I love the episode ''Call of the Primitives"

Others I can think of are:

Fire on the Mountain

Heavy Metal War

Starscreams Brigade

Theres more but I better not name them all!

the girl who loved powerglide, i wish i could speak like him
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Make Tracks.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Can't remember the ep title I think it was, Call of the Primatives where Grimlock proved he was the smartest by defeating the Energy Entity with a flick of a switch.

The ending of Transformers Victory is pret-ty sweet action wise. The God Gambit is also one worth mentioning in terms of stories with a good social metaphor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I love the latter half of season 2. The Gambler, Triple Takeover, Starscream's Brigade, Revenge of Bruticus, Trans Europe Express and both parts of The Key to Vector Sigma are my favourites.

That being said the day I picked up the first part of season 3 I had a really horrible day at work. My boss was being a real tool (seems to happen alot). Anyway when I got home (my wife was working late) I cooked myself a couple of hamburgers (I love my own hamburgers) and sat down and watched five faces of darkness. It was a really nice evening at the end of a day I'd rather forget. Since then (although it's not the best episode/s) I still enjoy watching five faces of darkness if I'm sick or feeling down.
    I'm with Bartrim here. I love the second half of season 2. It's the highpoint of the series imo. Like Loophole, the Key to Vector Sigma was my favourite though hands down though I have to disagree that the Aerialbots are the best.

I liked a lot of Season 3 too now that I'm older. I watched a bit of it but it was never the same till I got older and appreciated the more sci-fi feel of the series. I mean I did have some faves but as a kid it was kinda painful wathcing Prime die again in Dark Awakening.

Though the Return of Optimus Prime was a pretty damn cool story. I remember smiling w/ glee as a I watched that. I was only annoyed they didn't play more of the Touch but as a youth, it was an awesome moment to see Prime return.
    Last edited by STL; 30th June 2008 at 12:44 AM.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection