Page 7 of 467 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121727 ... LastLast

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

I got play TV and have been looking at getting a larger hard drive. I gave Play TV a test run on "I dream of Jeanie" as it was conveniently timed and it appears a 30 min show uses a gig. The Amazing race last night used about 6!!

On a different note, I have been getting back into my PS2 and this awesome Gundam rengou Seed Vs Zaft 2 plus. and noticed that there is also a nice one on ps3, Gundam Senki UC 0081 (official site here in Japanese. Anybody here got the UC0081? I am thinking of getting for Xmas and want to know if its similar to the Seed vs Zaft style of gameplay.

Discovered the joys of getting on the wrong side of a PSN mod. He kept stalking myself and friends the other day on Killzone 2, through private matches, to tell us not to swear. Private matches. Amongst friends. What did it earn us? PSN account suspended for three days. Not. Happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I got play TV and have been looking at getting a larger hard drive. I gave Play TV a test run on "I dream of Jeanie" as it was conveniently timed and it appears a 30 min show uses a gig. The Amazing race last night used about 6!!
    Hey, How much is that play TV thingy?
    apparently they are going to sell a 250gb version of the new ps3 with play tv for $600, wondering if its worth the trading in my old one and paying some extra $$$

Is anybody excited for God of War I + II comming out on ps3?????? because i definately am!

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream212 View Post
    Hey, How much is that play TV thingy?
    apparently they are going to sell a 250gb version of the new ps3 with play tv for $600, wondering if its worth the trading in my old one and paying some extra $$$

Is anybody excited for God of War I + II comming out on ps3?????? because i definately am!
    Play TV is cheapest (at retail) at Target for $139.

If you're into importing you can get the GoW Collection now: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-3jqg.html

If I were you I'd stick with the PS3 Phat (as it looks a lot nicer than the slim imo) and just upgrade the HDD for Play TV.

I just picked up Disgaea 3 for the PS3 for 30 clams at Kmart. I'll give it a go and if it's crap at least it's good trade bait (currently $36 store credit at EB).

Thanks for the info doubledealer!
    I dont mind the new slim PS3 its got a better finish and you cant see the finger prints all ova it, but i dont wannna modify my ps3 spent to much money for anything to possibly go wrong! Plus trading in could work out cheaper than buying play tv and upgrading.
    Ill wait for GoW to come here just gotta get it before Gow3 in 2010!
    Well thats a good deal if you dont like the game just trade in for an extra $6 lol

Question

I have a Q, does ps3 online lag? My friend said ps3 was crap online compared to 360 because 360 is a bought server and ps3 isn't, so can someone give me there opinion. Also I have a Lg Flatron w1941s, is that monitor compatible if i connected it with ps3 slim? Or would there be graphic or some sort of issue?

Is ps3 online as bad a the wii?

360 does not have a server for gaming, it uses the same peer to peer online gaming as the PS3, however, the matchmaking is generally better on the 360. I would avoid using Wifi for online play.

So you reckon that a ethernet cable is best fr online play over wireless connection? I was wondering about this issue myself you see...

Quote Originally Posted by blackoptimus View Post
    I have a Q, does ps3 online lag? My friend said ps3 was crap online compared to 360 because 360 is a bought server and ps3 isn't, so can someone give me there opinion. Also I have a Lg Flatron w1941s, is that monitor compatible if i connected it with ps3 slim? Or would there be graphic or some sort of issue?

Is ps3 online as bad a the wii?
    PS3 should be compatibel with your TV, juts make sure you have appropriate cables.

To be honest I have only had trouble with the Wii when trying to get Smash Bros online. It has never connected. Mario Kart has worked every time, but the Wii has major problems depending on the modem you are using as well. I believe Nintendo have a list of acceptable modems around the place.

As for Lag, I have only had a couple of laggy matches on SFIV and never had laggy matches on Transofmrers ROTF as examples. SFIV gives you an estimate at how laggy the match willl be. I have had major troubles inviting friends to play online at times though when I was hosting a session which sucks ass.

Cable kills wifi every time hands down. WiFi signals are way to easily interferred with, and always run slower.

If you are going to hook the PS3 via HDMI cable, don't get tricked into buying the uber expensive gold plated cables that are like $100+ the cheapest cables will do the same job without any quality loss.

Using SF4 as an example on PS3, I found I got waaaay more stable matches using an ethernet cable over WIFI. That being said, I found no issues getting a decent game using WIFI with Warhawk.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky