Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Old fan....new to the board

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    Truth be told I think he's too young for the toy. It's quite complex to transform and prob geared more toward the 30 year old kid

However, he adores it. He loves prime and when we had a look at all the optimus available he was adamant; he want the optimus that came w a trailer and gun and more to the point the one that came with spike and roller. "Look dad it even comes with spike and roller!!!!!"

Had no choice, had to buy.....it's now his prize possession. He can't transform it, but really enjoys playing with it. The size he can cope with and the articulation is something he can handle ok

All in all happy I bought it for him
    You're a great dad

And welcome btw!

Thanks and yeah I went a bit overboard really.......but he really is a fan

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah, Hasbro markets it as Ages 5+, I guess because they don't want to restrict the sales of the toy only to mature collectors. But Takara(TOMY) markets it at Ages 15 and Up, and it's Takara(TOMY) who have designed all the Masterpiece Transformer toy moulds thus far -- Hasbro basically releases their own version later on and are happy to let kids be totally stumped by a toy that was originally intended to be played by teens and adults.

If you have any Japanese Masterpiece toys, have a look around the legal blurb and you'll see 対象年齢15歳以上 or 対象年齢15才以上 (Ages 15+) -- even if you can't read Japanese at all you'll be able to see the Hindu-Arabic numerals "15" in the middle of a string of Kanji. This is Amazon Japan's page for Masterpiece Bluestreak, and if you look beneath the main image under "Product Features" the second dot point says 対象年齢 :15歳から (Age range: from age 15)
    There's more to it than that though.

Japanese toy safety laws apply to toys aimed for kids aged up to....guess how old? Yep, 14.

But it's still different, in that an unapproved toy for kids can STILL be sold, it just won't have the 'ST' approval sticker. What that means is that if your kid gets hurt by the toy, you don't automatically get compensation.

So TT choosing the age of 15 is signifigant, so it's more complicated and 'political' than how it's presented here.

Welcome to the boards !!!
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Welcome to the boards. Glad to hear about your son. He should cherish it and never let it go.

Welcome to the forum!! glad to know your kid is a budding TF enthusiast at such an early age... ah the new generation hehehe

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

WELL Overdue!

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers!
    Glad you've decided to join us.