Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Melbourne member!

Hello and welcome!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Zand View Post
    Thanks everyone for the friendly welcome. I love the show too, it's what has sparked my interest in collecting the figurines. Honestly I'm not sure, I mostly want to start by getting a lot of the figures I thought were super cool as a kid (which certainly weren't just the cast) then go from there!

I just put in an online order for Inferno, Optimus Primal 10th Anniversary (prefer the chest and show accurate face), Terrorsaur and a Depth Charge! Pretty stoked to be doing this.
    I see! Sounds like a good plan. I think the 10th Anniversary Primal is the better looking one too, I'm so glad they updated his face. You should post up pics in the aquisitions threads when they arrive!
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Welcome aboard mate

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    I see! Sounds like a good plan. I think the 10th Anniversary Primal is the better looking one too, I'm so glad they updated his face. You should post up pics in the aquisitions threads when they arrive!
    Yeah I think I will. So far I'm getting all my stuff off Ebay but I was wondering if there were any better Australian alternatives? I haven't found anything very promising...

Welcome too the boards, you have a disease and there is no cure now

All the best with your collecting, check out Members stuff for sale fro some great prices that usually always beat e-bay

Thanks for the tip. I'm looking for a Classics Dinobot, I just saw that figure and I think it is significantly better than the original. Gahhhhh I'm an addict already...

Quote Originally Posted by Zand View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I'm looking for a Classics Dinobot, I just saw that figure and I think it is significantly better than the original. Gahhhhh I'm an addict already...
    IMHO the original Dinobot's better than the Universe/Henkei Dinobot. Hasbro reissued the original back in 2006 as part of Beast Wars' 10th anniversary; so did TakaraTOMY. I got the TakTOM reissue of Dinobot which I think looks quite nice (though technically it's the BW Grimlock mould since it has the rub sign indent w/ the original Dinobot never had)
    Anyway, here are some reviews:
    Original Dinobot
    Henkei/Universe Dinobot

I never liked the original Dinobot figure that much. The proportions annoyed me and I didn't like the transformation or massive amounts of robot parts showing in the beast mode. The 10th anniversary version is an improvement over the original though, IMO. Thanks for the links!

There's still never been an accurate velociraptor Transformer though. Dinobot was based on the way raptors were portrayed in the Jurassic Park film. Razorclaw was a bit more accurate with the more elongated head and body, but still not entirely accurate. But I think that the Jurassic Park raptor look of Dinobot is so entrenched that fans may reject a more paleontologically accurate raptor-moded Dinobot. I'd like to see HasTak release maybe a new character with an accurate velociraptor beast mode.

Awesome, another Melbournian. Welcome to the board!