Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why no Generations in Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Toyworld is one of the seven major store chains that get a range of toys from toy companies like Hasbro.
    The only difference to the other six is that Toyworld stores are a franchise of private owners (like McDonalds, Hungry Jacks and Australia Post), so prices can be different at each location... except when there is an advertised price or sale price or promotional offer, then everyone has to adhere to it.
    Which means that there is a head office somewhere that the store owners communicate with, and coordinate product lines as well as recommended & advertised prices.
    That makes sense now. They're a franchise.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    and AoE is technically a generations line.
    How? That doesn't sound right to me. Isn't all movie stuff separate from Generations?
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    How? That doesn't sound right to me. Isn't all movie stuff separate from Generations?
    My understanding of the way it's all categorised is that anything in the long running standard size classes (deluxe, scout, voyager, leader) is part of the "Generations" line, and the Two Step/Titan/Flip Change (?) and whatever other stuff they've got that's aimed at the youngest audience are the actual 'movie line'.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    My understanding of the way it's all categorised is that anything in the long running standard size classes (deluxe, scout, voyager, leader) is part of the "Generations" line, and the Two Step/Titan/Flip Change (?) and whatever other stuff they've got that's aimed at the youngest audience are the actual 'movie line'.
    I'm pretty sure classifying movie stuff as "Generations" is purely marketing tact to associate movie stuff with CHUG stuff which flies off the shelves better (also gives freebie points for SEO marketing). Standard sizing simply assists parents associate $-to-plastic ratio value.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

The Generations label was indeed more of an after-thought, to differentiate the gimmick toys from the gimmick-less ones (the toys that we'd call "mainline", but with the focus and quantity now being on the gimmick toys, it now makes them the "mainline" in the eyes of Hasbro).
    It is also a way for Hasbro to direct the attention of collectors to specific toys, but not go so far that it looks like a different, non-movie, toyline to the general public, who buy the bulk of their products.