Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 31318192021222324252627283343 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I've been building my collection of TT MP's and so far i have MP-10b, soundwave, prowl, bluestreak, smokescreen.

I only intend to get the original G1 figures, no recolours. MP10b being exception because mp10 is too expensive and YOTH is just not quite right for me.

One thing i've been debating about are the seekers. Should i wait for TT reissue of skywarp/thundercracker (if there ever will be a reissue)? One thing i read is the paint job of the TT blows away the hasbro release. I think Skywarp would really benefit from this with the shiny black paint.

Or should i buy a hasbro thundercracker/skywarp for approx $150? TT versions are just too expensive at this point.

I do like the seeker mold and i dont want to get recolours but ive seen acid storm for 140 on ebay. Is this a good deal?

Takara's Skywarp is more G1 show accurate when you apply the right stickers, Hasbro's is more toy accurate.

Takara's Thundercracker is more G1 Marvel comic accurate again with the right stickers, Hasbro's is more G1 cartoon accurate but has some shall we say "creative" tampos.

Thats what the deco differences are.

Mould differences are major for Thundercracker. I'd personally holdout for a new version of Skywarp and Thundercracker from Takara based on the MP-11 mould which is far better than the MP-03 mould they originally used.

$140 for Acid Storm?
    Considering he was released in November for $99.99 & was available for their 25% off sale, i'd be looking for a better deal. Try contacting TrU stores or their H/O & see if there are any left. 441589 is the product number you'll need to quote.

I'm currently moving my toys around, to make them more chronological in their ordering (some lines are out of order because they were collected after most of the other shelves were filled).

One of the things I'm doing is putting the Japanese, European and South American Gen1 toys with the US Hasbro shelves, but after the US Gen1 shelves, to keep the Original US series "pure" from start to finish (1984-1991). But after that, if there is a small number of Japanese exclusives, I'm looking at putting them with their relevant Hasbro shelf (like Micron Legend with Armada, Masterpiece with Masterpiece, or Movie figures with each Hasbro Movie shelves).
    So I generally shelve things by their series (or packaging labels), but I'm running into a problem with the TakaraTomy 2010 set...

Predaking (not in the photo), Primus, Unicron, Masterpiece Sleep Convoy, Animated Optimus & Rodimus, Classics Optimus & Rodimus.

I have the original versions on their own shelves, so don't need these with their related series (Armada, Cybertron, Animated, Classics, etc), but I'm sorta wanting to have the Masterpiece Convoy with the Masterpiece figures.
    But, if I do that, I probably should split up the others as well, as ruins the point of the "set". The Animated and Classics ones will make sense with their displays, but Primus, Unicron and Predaking will look out of place with their displays, as they are too similar to the ones already on those shelves.

What would you do?
    - Keep them together to represent the "TakaraTomy 2010 commemorative" set.
    - Have the MP Sleep Convoy with the other Masterpiece figures, and leave the rest as the "2010" display.
    - Put the Masterpiece, Animated and Classics figures with their respective series, and have the remaining big ones (Primus, Unicron, Predaking) somewhere else that makes sense.
    - Put them all with their respective series/shelves.
    - Give them away to someone else to save yourself the hassle of this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    - Put them all with their respective series/shelves.
    ^I'd do this.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    - Give them away to someone else to save yourself the hassle of this decision.
    You should totally chose this option.
    (wink wink nudge nudge)
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

I'd do firstly what Gok said:
    Put them all with their respective series/shelves.

And if not:
    Keep them together to represent the "TakaraTomy 2010 commemorative" set.

Am undecided if I should go for Generations Metroplex.....
    Is he really worth the approx $150??

Pretty good figure. He used to be $120 or $100 on sale.
    I think that's Amazon price as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ^I'd do this.
    Same here