Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Transformer Trev's articles and reviews

Default Toy Review

Excerpt from Blog: Earth, fire, wind, water, heart – go planet! By your powers combined I am cap…. er… Megatronia!

Yes, the Planeteer’s are all either in prison or selling their bodies on the street and Captain Planet himself is dead from taking a swim in the Yarra River, but a new team wielding all their powers has come along, and when they combine they don’t become a blue guy with green hair and red undies – they become a gigantic female robot bent on her enemies destruction!

With the Combiner Wars over to make way for Titans Return, the Unite Warriors line is also coming to a close with only two figures left. Today we will be looking at the second last one, a reimagining of the fan-created female Autobot team – the Torchbearers. While this new team has yet to be given a name, they have a pretty nifty back story and are made up of some great looking figures! So let’s take a look at Unite Warriors Megatronia!

Read Toy Review - Unite Warriors Megatronia HERE

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Earth, fire, wind, water, heart – go planet! By your powers combined I am cap…. er… Megatronia!
    If Megatronia is Captain Planet, does that make Victorion (from the Rust Sea) Captain Pollution?

Default Toy Review

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    If Megatronia is Captain Planet, does that make Victorion (from the Rust Sea) Captain Pollution?
    It does - thats why noone is 100% keen on her

Excerpt from Blog: Here we are – up to Wave 4 of the Titans Return toys already! Today we will be looking the Autobot Deluxe figures from that wave; three figures which featured heavily in the IDW comic ‘Last Stand of the Wreckers’ – namely Perceptor, Kup and Topspin. The two former will be known to fans of the original 86’ move and associated cartoon but for those not in the know, this is a Topspin based on the 1985 G1 toy rather than the DOTM movie version. As you will see, he is awesome!

Read Toys Review - Titans Return Kup, Perceptor and Topspin HERE!

Default Toy Review and Toy Gallery

Excerpt from Blog: Grapple. Perhaps while not the most unpopular, perhaps the least loved (does that mean the same thing?) of the 84/85 Autobot Car characters. It’s surprising since the Constructicons were so popular and Grapple was the only Autobot equivalent, but not many people really digged our resident Autobot Architect. Nevertheless, the 85’ toy was pretty cool and gave some variety to the Autobot lineup and we now see that replicated now 22 years later in the Masterpiece toyline with the newest figure Masterpiece Grapple.

TO READ MY FULL REVIEW OF MP-35 GRAPPLE WITH MORE PICS, CHECK OUT MY BLOG HERE!

ALSO I HAVE FEATURED THIS TOY IN THE FIRST OF MY NEW MULTIVERSE TOY GALLERIES HERE!

Unfortunately what we got is perhaps one of the worst quality Transformer toys we’ve had in years.

Read my review of RESCUE BOTS QUICKSHADOW right HERE!
    I've been meaning to mention this for a few weeks now, but never get around to it...

I bought a Quickshadow from ToysRUs when they were first sighted there last month, and worried about it being faulty as well. But I've been transforming it (pulling out the arms and pushing them back in) dozens of times without any problems. I even took it to the Melbourne meet for others to play with, without any issues... so maybe it is a common flaw, but not a guaranteed flaw.

My recommendation for anyone wanting Quickshadow (or already has one), to look for it at a Kmart or ToysRUs (if you can get to one), and buy one. Take it out of packaging before you go home, and if it doesn't work, exchange or get a refund. If it does work and you already had one that was faulty, take it back for a refund.

The "1-step" transformations aren't completely smooth on the RB toys, as there is usually some realignment of limbs needed, but there shouldn't be any locking up of the gears (like my RB mini Heatwave dino, and RID 1-step Underbite... which were both done from trying to transform it without instructions to know what parts to move).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

My recommendation for anyone wanting Quickshadow (or already has one), to look for it at a Kmart or ToysRUs (if you can get to one), and buy one. Take it out of packaging before you go home, and if it doesn't work, exchange or get a refund. If it does work and you already had one that was faulty, take it back for a refund.
    I like how you qualified that since you know I live in the bush where neither of these stores are accessible.

TWO NEW TRANFORMATORIM POSTS!

The first is my new Multiverse Gallery of 7 different versions of Waspinator from various toylines.

The second is Classic Toy Reviews look back at the original threads I started about two of those toys - Generations Waspinator and Timelines Thrustinator.

I like how you qualified that since you know I live in the bush where neither of these stores are accessible.
    How about Toyworld? They are often regional... any convenient to you?
    Because, the one near me just got in the Quickshadow wave, plus the new Flip-Changers... and even though they are more expensive than other places, you would be returning your faulty one to them for a refund or exchange (for something else).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    How about Toyworld? They are often regional... any convenient to you?
    Because, the one near me just got in the Quickshadow wave, plus the new Flip-Changers... and even though they are more expensive than other places, you would be returning your faulty one to them for a refund or exchange (for something else).
    Yeah we've got a tiny one not much bigger than a WIR. I'd say they never get toys in but just recently they got some of the RID combiner figures and wave 3 of the TR toys, both of which our Target never stocked. First new TF's they've had since TF4.

Sadly I've never seen a RB toy in there though

TWO NEW TRANFORMATORIM POSTS!

The first is my new Multiverse Gallery of different versions of Sky Lynx from various toylines.

The second is a Classic Toys Review look back at the original threads I started about two of those toys - Beast Hunters Skylynx and Combiner Wars Sky Lynx.

I know that this section is supposed to be for official Transformer products only but I figure these things are so ludicrous that Griffin will cut me a bit of slack

Excerpt from Blog: Wrist Rest Mouse Pads are all the rage these days. With more and more of us stuck in front of a computer at work or home for hours on end, the wrist can get sore. The whole idea of these kind of mouse pads is that they are filled with a squishy gel and are designed to be smooth and comforting to your wrist.

Then someone had the idea “Hey, since we are making a gel filled mat anyway, why don’t we shape the gel sacks like boobs?!”

And thus an industry was born.

Read Transformers Wrist Rest Mouse Pads HERE