Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manspace: new Aussie TV show about man caves and male collectors

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I'll give the show a chance, though the comment makes people think that...

...which is just reinforced when a comment that reeks of overkill such as...

...from a second new account which has only made one single comment and it's in a section that has nothing to do with Transformers on a TF site. It does not come off as neutral but as a deliberate plant. And even though...

... and though we...

...as it is a nuisance and makes you as the show producers look despererate. Personally...

...by Lint and share it with others.
    If I had the energy I would load that gif of Heath Ledger as the joker doing the slow clap.

Well done Trev
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by travis099 View Post
    And what's wrong with that? He's only passing on info to people who wrongly think its going to be all about bogans and sport. i've seen the ad on air, looks like it could be a good show.
    Nothing is wrong with it.
    I was just posting an observation about marketing strategies using google to track what people think of Brands, Products and Programs, based on the random appearances of people here lately who aren't TFs fans. I was not commenting about the show at all in my post (re-read it)... and have made sure we have non-Transformers sections here to allow for people to talk about other things.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    There's nothing wrong with that but it comes out as fake since it is not a known member who's posting the info but a newbie. Your entire reason for joining this site is to promote this agenda instead of why this forum exists in the first place.
    That's not entirely true, and unfair. We encourage Transformers fans to join here, but don't reject people who join up for non-Transformers reasons (like Lego, MOTU, games, movies, TV, etc)... as long as they adhere to the rules.
    His posting was a response to our earlier comments, so it would be unfair to censor people from submitting an alternative view just because they aren't Transformers fans.
    As long as they don't spam the site, a rational commentary on their point of interest is okay, as previous opinions were just speculation. If a person working on a project knows better, then why not allow them to dispel false assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Thankyou for taking an interest in our interest in your show. Please ignore all negative commentary as members of our community can have a very bruised mentality regarding their portrayal (or lack of portrayal) in mainstream media.

I for one would like to see Man Caves that contain a healthy mix of interests from the 'bogan' to the 'geeky' and 'intellectual' to outright 'bonkers' as I believe most Australians fall somewhere inbetween in their interests rather than at the extremes.
    Yes... what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    If I had the energy I would load that gif of Heath Ledger as the joker doing the slow clap.

Well done Trev
    Thanks bro

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That's not entirely true, and unfair. We encourage Transformers fans to join here, but don't reject people who join up for non-Transformers reasons (like Lego, MOTU, games, movies, TV, etc)... as long as they adhere to the rules.
    His posting was a response to our earlier comments, so it would be unfair to censor people from submitting an alternative view just because they aren't Transformers fans.
    As long as they don't spam the site, a rational commentary on their point of interest is okay, as previous opinions were just speculation. If a person working on a project knows better, then why not allow them to dispel false assumptions.
    I don't think i'm censoring him. I think the fact that a first post by newbie would be on this topic instead of anything else gives the same impression posted by Trev. If it wasn't their first posts even by a newbie, i would think nothing of it.

Did anyone watch this on Monday? I forgot. Though I just heard there's some AFL player presenting it, which cannot be good.

I forgot about it too
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I watched the first one but it wasn't quite for me. I'm not exactly the right demographic of male they appear to be aiming for.

But I did think that the Mancave Storage they were cross-promoting would be handy for someone with both the money, a very large TF collection and no more room in your house.

I flicked over to it tonight while on the computer and wanted some background noise... and it was actually quite interesting. The presenters looked like they'd fit in with the "bogan hunters" show, but the content was more like Top Gear... with tips and tricks for the average Aussie "bloke".

But the thing that caught my attention was just after I turned onto that show, they were featuring the scooter that came with the 1980s Honda City... which I didn't even know was real.
    For those with the Ehobby Skids/Screech mould toys, the original pre-Transformers toys came with a fold-up scooter. I just thought it was just an accessory for the toy, but now I've seen a real one brought out, unfolded, and driven off... plus they showed the original Japanese commercial for it (you can see it here & at 1.04mins).

Wow... that was so worth watching. And gives the show a little Transformers link.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    plus they showed the original Japanese commercial for it (you can see it here & at 1.04mins).

Wow... that was so worth watching. And gives the show a little Transformers link.
    Wow indeed, what a weird and totally 'mad' ad. As a Skids (G1, not Bayverse) and Honda City fan, this made my day.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Well, I finally got around to watching some of the show.

I genuinely tried to give it a chance but found myself totally uninterested. Had a bunch of older and younger folk talking about dating with generic, uninteresting generalizations that you would have heard a million times before.

The most sinful thing! Canned laughter! Don't deny it Manspace producers if you are still trawling the net for any mention of your show! Some woman in a red jacket was chatting, a crowd laughing noise came up yet EVERY crowd member in the background behind her was sitting there stoically with nary a facial twitch, let alone a whole crowd chuckle. To be fair I did see the crowd laugh at other jokes at it seemed genuine, but they definitely have someone pressing a chuckle button on the editing track for when they didn't.

A little tip for the editors, if you are going to put a laugh track in, make sure that you don't show the crowd NOT laughing in the background