Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1020252627282930

Thread: February Acquisitions.

I've had more TFs arriving in one day at my mailbox than I did for the entire February, thanks to Hasbro AU.

A total of 17 TFs for the month.

Gen2 Constructicons (regular yellow version). After convincing myself recently that the orange versions are just a US store exclusive and that the yellow versions were distinctly different Gen2 figures to any other official release of the Constructicons (Green, Orange, Yellow US, Yellow Euro), I had to include them on my list if I wanted to complete Gen2. (a goal I want to achieve this year)

Euro Falcon - One of the four toys by that deceptive ebay toy dealer panbac that I had to replace (it was in very poor condition, but listed as excellent). So unfortunately an expense that doesn't count to the collection total.

Masterpiece Skywarp - the best item I got in February. Such a beautiful jet mode, I didn't want to transform it. But the robot mode is great as well. And it catches me up with the six MPs now.

MP3 Soundwave - Very nice concept, but am yet to use it because I still haven't gone out and bought a MP3 card for it yet. Haven't decided on if it should count towards the collection yet either, because its primary purpose is a music device and not an action figure. It's like the Movie transforming DVD case - it might be a transforming character, but its primary purpose is not as a toy so doesn't count.

Robotmasters Wingstun - is the last of the RM moulds. Now only need a few of the recoloured new-mould figures, some of which are the rare black recolours.

BotCon 2006 Buzzsaw - I wasn't too happy getting this without Laserbeak, because they are most likely sold as a pair and I may end up doubling up on it just to get Laserbeak in the future (my last BC06 figure to acquire - Tigatron is in transit). However, it was within my price range in the auction, so decided to get it just in case I may find Laserbeak on its own eventually.

Movie figures - Legends Nightwatch Prime, Stealth Starscream, Ratchet (olive colour - already had the bright green one, but wanted both like TM2 Prowl which came in two colours). Plus the first two movie battle scene packs with Longarm and Barricade/Frenzy.

Next month should be huge though, as I would be hoping to catch up on most of the 40-odd figures we are now behind on in this country (yes, over 40!!). And April will be BotCon month, which will see more spending... oh boy, looks like more overtime at work to pay for all of this...

I acquired two sets of G1 Protectobots

Griffin, the Sondwave MP3 player is a prettty ordinary MP3 player. You wouldn't want to use it as your music device. The sound is also not so great. I think this is a case of an action figure with a gimmick rather than a transforming MP3 player.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    Almost forgot, my incomplete G1 Darkwing showed up today. I'm missing the 2 guns but I have picked them up off ebay and they should show up next week. I know this isn't a purchase but I thought i'd mention it here as these 2 books have been missing for so long. Transmanuals parts 1 & 2 published in 2000 by Mark Kimmel. Does anyone else have these? They are ID guides for bots and parts, I find they have excellent reference material.
    yea i bought them years ago they are pretty good

Whoa, nice stuff. I've been missing this post b/c i always just click on the main page link to the March one.

Two Protectobot sets, Jay? Any reason? Would've coughed up at least $150 for the two. :P

Have you decided on opening your movie screens yet, Griff?

I don't even care about the MP3 gimmick. My Soundwave is purely for the purpose of being classics soundwave. (He's far better than Titanium Soundwave) plus with the black Classics mini-con cat, we've got Ravage. In my mind, MP3 Soundwave is first and foremost a toy with a gimmick.

Well I'm still trying to decide on if I count Soundwave. I'll have to have a look at who actually made it. I was under the impression that it was a licensed item, not actually made by Takara. If Takara made it, it would be easier for me to see it as a Transformer with a gimmick, rather than a licensed gadget that can transform. And I want the Rumble/Frenzy earphones as well, which would have to count if Soundwave does.

As for the screen battles sets - they are staying sealed until I get all four, and then I'll think about what to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Two Protectobot sets, Jay? Any reason? Would've coughed up at least $150 for the two. :P
    Paid $76 for the two sets in one auction: Protectabots = Defensor G1 Orignal... he just through in a 2nd set of "junkers".

I just swapped some parts around to put together one good set and then just offloaded the other set: G1 Defensor Protectobots (with battle damage)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin
    Well I'm still trying to decide on if I count Soundwave. I'll have to have a look at who actually made it. I was under the impression that it was a licensed item, not actually made by Takara. If Takara made it, it would be easier for me to see it as a Transformer with a gimmick, rather than a licensed gadget that can transform. And I want the Rumble/Frenzy earphones as well, which would have to count if Soundwave does.
    Sounds like it's time for another poll!