Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: TFs Q/C problems archive (already damaged in the packaging)

[QUOTE=GoktimusPrime;46331].. I thought that if he'd felt any more ashamed that he might kneel into Seiza and commit Harakiri. Eep!

heheheh, prolly not, as their production lines are most likely in China.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Actually, I think Hasbro are a lot more like Microsoft - they swallow their competitors in an attempt to establish market dominance!
    Hmm was actually thinking more of the Borg.... you will all become one with the collective, resistance is futile! ......
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime
    heheheh, prolly not, as their production lines are most likely in China.
    Then they'll just have to enact the Great Eastern Co-Prosperity Sphere, Part 2! (j/k)

Is there any evidence that sellers like TFCToy and Menasor's sources are actually factory thefts? Or are you referring to different sellers?

<completely baseless>
    I was daydreamingly theorizing one day that the leaks were intentional in order to theorize product demand and thus production quantities.
    </completely baseless>

All Hasbro toys have an official sale date on them. When retailers receive the first case it actually says, "Do not sell until 16 September" printed on the outside of the case.

So I'd say that if you see toys being sold/purchased before the official release date then there's reason to suspect that someone's not doing the right thing. It doesn't necessarily mean the goods were stolen though - these toys are shipped to retailers in advanced but they're not meant to shelve or sell the items until the release date.

When the Star Wars Revenge of the Sith toys came out, some friends and I were in an independent toy store/dealer and the store owner had received several cases of the new figures with the words "Do not sell until April 3" (or whatever the exact date was, I can't remember) printed on every box. It was the evening of the day just before the release day, but since we were all pretty much good acquintances with each other he decided to open the cases and sell us the toys a few hours early so long as we maintained a vow of secrecy about these toys until midnight (i.e.: we can't go around boasting about them as acquisitions on a forum or something).

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Yeah it makes them rich but does it make it right?
    Well, being rich means they haven't been forced to merge with Tomy and have their company name vanish internationally (last I checked, the company is simply Tomy outside of Japan). Also, being rich means they can fund more product development with long-term goals in mind, which means more toys for us.

The last few TF toylines released by TakaraTomy kinda stopped at one or two unique molds.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Default TFs Q/C problems archive (post details and photos)

i hate this rotf line

i bought soundwave and realised he is missing a lil blue thing from his leg, feel stupid for not seeing it in store

discuss the q/c issues you have expereinced or find while searching for tfs

thinking a petition for hasbro!!!

Aside from Ransack (which didn't bother me that much) - I have not encountered much bad QC as other lines such as Universe/Henkei. From the QC perspective ROTF seems as good as its predecessor which wasn't bad to begin with.

Don't worry about a petition for Hasbro, it will not be worth the effort as they would only care if they begin to receive letters by the truck load. Simply go back to the store and change it for another.

To see how bad or frequent the Quality Control issues with all TFs lines is, post what you have encountered, and photos if possible.

All mine have been fine except my first "trax" mudflap. His back just won't fold properly. I think the screw is just to tight but I got a new one and I'm going to return that one. That said I think the quality is the usual standard of the past few years. I do a lot of scouting and everything has seemed to be a similar standard.

When the first movie came out, comming from G1 toys I kept putting off buying the movie line they just looked badly made and cheap to me. They grew on me and I can deal with it now and ended up enjoying movie and anmimated toys. but couldn't get into classics.

the paint apps are shocking thats my main gripe but missing parts in packaging! cmon!!

ive heard of so many q/c issues i thought this thread would have more posts