Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobby Link Japan (HLJ) feedback

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    UW Menasor dropped into my private warehouse last night.

I will say this for HLJ - unlike BBTS if they say August they mean August

It's just a bugger of timing as we've had a ton of BIG bills come in
    You are not wrong but bbts is just US based which is why they take longer to get the items in stock.

The main praise for hlj is they do not scalp their prices.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    You are not wrong but bbts is just US based which is why they take longer to get the items in stock.
    I don't have a problem with BBTS taking longer to get stuff. I just have a problem with them saying they will get something in a certain month and then it constantly getting pushed back. They really need to give more conservate and accurate estimates rather than these hopeful ones that never seem to pan out.

I have one (non-TF) item that has been pushed back every quarter for two years now

QTF Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp:

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?q...leaseDate+desc

New TAV items including Microshooter Drift, Sideswipe & Stepper pack, Bumblebee Supreme mode and "Ground Beacon General":

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?q...leaseDate+desc
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

I got my pre orders confirmed.

Megatran Guest

These cuties are available for preorder.
    QT Crossovers QTC02 - Evangelion (3-pack)
    (Unit 0 is yellow Optimus truck, Unit 1 is purple Optimus truck, Unit 2 is red Optimus truck - w/ new heads)
    EDIT: https://www.hlj.com/product/TKT83591/Sci
    Last edited by Megatran; 28th August 2015 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Added link

Megatran Guest

Another odd-ball QT Crossover. Pre-order for October release.

QTC01H Hello Kitty Halloween Edition 2015.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I don't have a problem with BBTS taking longer to get stuff. I just have a problem with them saying they will get something in a certain month and then it constantly getting pushed back. They really need to give more conservate and accurate estimates rather than these hopeful ones that never seem to pan out.

I have one (non-TF) item that has been pushed back every quarter for two years now
    I get what you mean, I guess is kinda tough in their case as they need to continue to chase items for customers with orders outstanding.

Hope you didn't get played out halfway stating they not bringing it in though.

HLJ just shipped my Private Warehouse items today (Saturday)... which is pretty good.
    I know they don't really do Christmas/Boxing day in Japan, but I didn't expect my items to be packed and sent until Monday (I did the shipment request last night, on Christmas day).

It's estimated to be 2-7 business days... so I wonder if I could actually be lucky enough to have it arrive by Thursday (4 business days) to count as 2016 acquisitions. I also wonder if the postal service would be clear of the Christmas backlog by now, as most presents would have been posted early enough to be delivered before the 23rd. (I would have thought the next couple weeks would be the quietest for the postal system, as many businesses are closed for a week or two to not be posting anything, while most regular people would be recovering from pre-Christmas spending to be posting much for a while.)

That's the good thing about ordering the late Dec/early Jan release stuff from Japan. There is usually very little hold up as far as online shipping goes - apart from the New Year Holiday.

I wouldn't get your hopes too high for a speedy delivery though griffin. This *is* Australia Post we are talking about

I was very surprised to get a payment request on Xmas morning for Road Rage and then to get the shipment confirmation a few hours later.

Mine have already left Japan and now to see what day they arrive in New Zealand