Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast

Thread: Maz's Articles & Reviews

Maz is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Collector Interview 40 - Kit Tang

It’s true that a large number of TFSource Collector Interviews over the last year and a half have come from a local group of London-based collectors who meet up regularly, but the fact that within that small group I have found some of the most knowledgeable, well-adjusted people with impressive collections has inspired me to document their opinions, experiences and collections. Such is the diversity within that group, and the UK fanbase, that I feel everyone can benefit from their features. Here, then, is the master of the sprawling Autobot City, keeper of ‘The Loft’, the Legends Class king, Kit Tang. Oh, he was in a Bond film, too. Beat that.

Collector Interview 40 – Kit Tang | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

Default 1987 Decepticon Headmasters

Our look at the 1987 range of Generation 1 Transformers continues this week with the three basic Decepticon Headmasters Skullcruncher, Mindwipe and Weirdwolf. While the Autobot Headmasters introduced in the same year were land and air vehicles, the Decepticon counterparts were beasts. 1987 also saw the release of Decepticon Headmaster base Scorponok and Headmaster Horrorcons Apeface and Snapdragon, but we will cover those three in a future article. The plan was originally to release four basic Decepticon Headmasters to face off against the Autobots, but plans for the stingray Decepticon Headmaster were canned. Here then is our look at Skullcruncher the crocodile with Headmaster Grax, Weirdwolf the wolf with Nebulon partner Monzo, and Mindwipe the bat with Headmaster partner Vorath.

1987 Decepticon Headmasters | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

Has any trace (drawings, mentions, etc..) of the stingray headmaster remained?
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Has any trace (drawings, mentions, etc..) of the stingray headmaster remained?
    The book's caption for the image is "Concept art for an unreleased and nameless Decepticon Headmaster with a stingray alt-mode."
    Image here: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Transfor...t_stingray.jpg but commentators note that it looks more like a regular transformer than a Headmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Image here: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Transfor...t_stingray.jpg but commentators note that it looks more like a regular transformer than a Headmaster
    I think it looks very headmasterish, the large blockiness of the head as well as a cockpit for the driver to sit in when in alt mode. Having said that I can picture the head just being moulded into the tail piece and neatly folding down to hide it when transformed. It certainly fits the aesthetic of the time though.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

The reason the stingray is considered a Headmasters concept is because this image is from the Takara concept boards used - precise same style and time - as the Decepticon headmasters and Targetmasters that were actually released. None of the concept boards for those characters that ended up as HM/TM showed any evidence of Nebulan partners or distinguishing features demonstrating accommodation of those eventual gimmicks and partners.

All the best
    Maz

Default Do we want our children to collect?

A number of weeks ago we discussed what would happen to our Transformers collections when we were no longer around, and some of our contributors said that their toys would go to their children. This week we asked more Transformers collectors how they felt about the prospect of their children (hypothetical or otherwise) collecting Transformers when they become adults. We asked male and female collectors, with and without children. While I expected a fair number of them to say they would be happy to share the hobby with their kids for years to come, I also thought we would have some opposing opinions. That’s not quite how it worked out.

Do We Want Our Children To Collect? | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

Default 1987 Autobot Targetmasters

1987 was an exceptional year for the Generation 1 Transformers, arguably the best depending on your persuasion. There is an awful lot of justified affection for the Diaclone and Micro Change Series era moulds that Hasbro used throughout 1984 and 1985 (even 1986), but the post animated movie futuristic designs that Hasbro and Takara created purely for The Transformers stand proudly on their own in 1987. From Headmasters to Targetmasters, Sixchangers to the enormous bases and Monsterbots to Clones, Transformers was enjoying a great period. A period that may be even more appreciated today than it was at the time. A few weeks ago we looked at the three 1987 Decepticon non-movie Targetmasters, and this week our gaze falls upon Pointblank, Sureshot and Crosshairs, the 1987 non-movie Targetmaster Autobots.

1987 Autobot Targetmasters | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

Thanks to images from K-Hobby and Hobbylog.jp posted last week from the All Japan Model and Hobby Show 2015, we got our first look at all new prototypes for Transformers Masterpiece Shockwave and Hot Rodimus! In addition to the imminent release of Masterpiece Tracks, Road Rage and later Ironhide, Takara Tomy shocked most of the community by dropping major masterpiece news in the shape of Quakewave-challenging Shockwave and a new take on the ever popular Hot Rodimus (Hot Rod).

New Masterpiece Reveals | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

Default Collector Interview 41 - Duron Land

I have only recently had the pleasure of making Duron Land’s acquaintance, but in that short time he has proved himself to be a knowledgeable and well-connected collector, as well as another example of the good people we have in the community. Not only does he host the very popular TFYLP podcast, but he’s also an expert photographer and has become a regular supporter of the TFSource blog and related articles. I’ve had the honour of appearing on the TFYLP podcast, so it was only fitting that Duron lend his experience, knowledge and expertly curated Transformers collection to the Source Blog.

Collector Interview 41 – Duron Land | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz