Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Animated Game for Nintendo DS

Okay, it's not Earth, but we may change it to Earth later on!

I read about this on IGN a while ago. It sounds like a remake of The Lost Vikings, because apparently it's a 2D platformer where you have to use the individual skills of each character to solve puzzles and obtain Allspark fragments.

As long as the abilities stay true to the show and the stages are well designed, this could be a sleeper hit!

Though I am sceptical about the 3D driving sections. We all know what usually happens with tacked-on driving stages... :P

EDIT: Geez, I don't wanna sound like a broken record, but here are some comments from the Aussie Nintendo link:

Gookanheimer says: More Transformers rape? Geez.

Bhaskar24 says: That is supposed to be Optimus Prime? Surely this game will not be allowed to sell.

Lexicon says: The Transformers Animated series is an abomination to the Transformers name, and this game will echo that.

Last edited by Beast_Wars_Superior; 21st September 2008 at 10:45 PM.

i'll keep my eyes peeled

The poor whining diddums...

The game looks alright for a DS game, and as long as the controls aren't terrible broken I'm sure it wont be too bad. Not sure how sales will go though...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks
    The poor whining diddums...
    I just checked the comments on IGN, and they're even worse!

Anyway: http://www.activision.com/index.html...d:Transformers

Check out the video on here. This game may contain full voice acting!

Ocotber 31st People. I discovered that the guys making this also did the Spidermna Friend or Foe game on DS, which I hear isn't all that fab.

Oh well, maybe they will get it right... Still gonnna try it though!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Ocotber 31st People. I discovered that the guys making this also did the Spidermna Friend or Foe game on DS, which I hear isn't all that fab.

Oh well, maybe they will get it right... Still gonnna try it though!
    They also did Kim Possible, which was apparently a much better engine than the Spiderman game. They're using the KP engine for the TF game. I guess being Cartoon Network shows, they'd both have a similar visual style.

EDIT: Some thoughts about this game after watching the videos:

The abilities appear to stay true to the series! Bulkhead has his wrecking balls, Optimus has grappling hooks and throwing axes, Prowl has shurikens, and Bumblebee has electricity attacks. Bumblebee can also wall jump and move faster/jump higher than everyone. I suspect Prowl will have similar abilities. It also looks as if Prowl and Optimus have 'path drawing' abilities for their projectile attacks, a la the Boomerang in Phantom Hourglass.

The other interesting thing is that Bumblebee has his turbo boosters in the driving sections!

I'm a bit disappointed that Ratchet isn't in the game. Come on, his powers are perfectly suited to a platform puzzler! He can move objects from a distance and he can create shields. There was a Lost Viking who just carried a shield around, and I thought Ratchet would be playing that defensive role. Oh well.

Also, not sure if the speech in the Activision video is in-game or dubbed over, but if it is in-game, along wth FMVs they showed, it could be quite a technically impressive game!
    Last edited by Beast_Wars_Superior; 23rd September 2008 at 03:09 PM.

Got this game and it seems very good so far! The voice acting is excellent, especially the tutorials which are all done in Ratchet's soothing voice.

I like the puzzles so far, it seems like the developers have actually made an effort with this one. The first few were a good introduction to the game, and if the difficulty continues ramping up it may be a very satisfying journey.

One thing I don't like is the fact that you basically need to use the stylus and the buttons. This really annoys me in other games, but for some reason it hasn't yet affected my enjoyment of this one.

Stylus and buttons alternatively I hope, I only have two hands, and mostly when I play me DS is on the train, so I cannot rest it on a table or something...

Gotta remember to nab this and give it a go.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Stylus and buttons alternatively I hope, I only have two hands, and mostly when I play me DS is on the train, so I cannot rest it on a table or something...

Gotta remember to nab this and give it a go.
    I found a way to get around this problem:

basically, hold the stylus like a pen and rest your free finger on the B button in the same way you rest your fingers on keyboard buttons in PC games. This allows you to use the stylus for all the fighting and puzzling functions, yet you can still press B to block in an emergency.

If anyone needs visual aids I'll post some pics to demonstrate. It'll be like a 'How to play Transformers Animated' guide, except this one has nothing to do with Factor 5.

So is the game on sale yet? Which stores?