Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackout Released at New Zealand Retail

Default Blackout Released at New Zealand Retail

Studio Series Leader Class Blackout Released at New Zealand Retail
    http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/03/21/s...-retail-361091
    Source tfw2005

I didn’t expect nz to be this soon in regards to transformers products lol

I hope someone does a video review on Blackout soon. I still haven't made up my mind on if I should get the Leader or hold out for a MPM Blackout.

I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I hope someone does a video review on Blackout soon. I still haven't made up my mind on if I should get the Leader or hold out for a MPM Blackout.
    Well if nobody or not enough buys Ldr Class Blackout they will unlikely make a MPM Blackout as, this could be a test for the character.

How would a Masterpiece Blackout be any better?
    At 46 steps and in scale with the other MP toys... this would have been better packed and sold as a Masterpiece, for better exposure than just being part of a rehash series.

Only in so far that the other deluxes I've seen reviews of give the impression that these are a bit floppy and prone to have parts pop off. If the Leaders are of a similar nature then I'd say they definitely aren't of masterpiece quality.

I was going to jump on a lot of this series but given the early reviews I've put the brakes on and am going to be very selective. A series advertised like this really should have a bit of a premium feel about it, as well as the nice paint apps.

BTW, that picture of the horse is a bit disturbing and kind of funny.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    At 46 steps and in scale with the other MP toys... this would have been better packed and sold as a Masterpiece, for better exposure than just being part of a rehash series.
    I feel like it's just a smidgeon too small for the MPM 'scale' (as much as there can be said to be such a thing).

I suppose the rumoured upcoming MPM - Starscream will settle this once and for all. That figure would have to be gargantuan to fit in with the line.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Only in so far that the other deluxes I've seen reviews of give the impression that these are a bit floppy and prone to have parts pop off. If the Leaders are of a similar nature then I'd say they definitely aren't of masterpiece quality.

I was going to jump on a lot of this series but given the early reviews I've put the brakes on and am going to be very selective. A series advertised like this really should have a bit of a premium feel about it, as well as the nice paint apps.

BTW, that picture of the horse is a bit disturbing and kind of funny.
    As far as I've paid attention, the only figure that has widespread issues is the classic Camaro Bee.

Also, the SOON horse is classic

I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I feel like it's just a smidgeon too small for the MPM 'scale' (as much as there can be said to be such a thing).

I suppose the rumoured upcoming MPM - Starscream will settle this once and for all. That figure would have to be gargantuan to fit in with the line.
    I also feel the paint job quality would be a bit higher on a MPM and a few little things on the mould would be changed to make it more screen accurate. Plus the MPM line likes to use a lost art diecast, for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post

As far as I've paid attention, the only figure that has widespread issues is the classic Camaro Bee.

Also, the SOON horse is classic

I thought stinger was a bit loose as well.

that is also a disturbing picture, but not as bad as the first one.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)