Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2012 Transformers exclusives - official pics

Demonac recently sent me a link that went into some length of the history of Derpy... and I fear that I now know waaaay too much about Bronys and their influence on Hasbro.
    To put it in TFs terms, Derpy is like a wrongly coloured TFs character in the background of an episode, like this one or this one.
    This one would be a good example of a minor animation error (Bluestreak with Bumblebee head). In Derpy's case, it was just a wrongly drawn eye... yes, that's all it took to snowball among Bronys to create so much interest in a "new" character that Hasbro eventually acknowledged it as a new character in the cartoon (briefly, before re-editing the episode to remove it... because of people saying that it was making fun of people with disorders). Despite the (minor) negative publicity, it seems that someone at Hasbro thought it would be a good idea to create a toy and hope it doesn't get too much negative attention.
    It also means that Hasbro is acknowledging/accepting the Brony fanbase (males, mostly adult), for a young girl toyline.

So going back to TFs, what if we'd had the massive online communities back during Gen1 when that animation error of Bluestreak occurred... you can imagine that a similar campaign would have started up to have something created from it, like a toy or a character.

(it's ironic - while I was searching on google for a particular TFs animation error, a picture of Derpy showed up... I WAS SEARCHING TRANSFORMERS!)

As for the prices (to be on-topic), it's certainly one good thing about being shafted with prices in Australia... we don't think much of higher priced American exclusives, because they aren't expensive to what we are used to. But I imagine that Americans are upset about having to pay 50-100% more for their Cliffjumper & Bruticus toys (based on the Deluxe class only being US$12-15 there). To most Americans, the regular retail Bruticus will only cost them about US$60, so I imagine that an extra $40 for a fancy box isn't easy for some to accept.

I reallly hope BBTS has pre-orders for this stuff.

Yeah I need that Bruticus! The colours are so much nicer than the retail version. Me want!

Griff: yeh, google provided me with just enough Derpy hooves knowledge, I left as soon as I discovered the origin.

I hope they made HEAPS of those Bruticus sets too, Looks good and nice. Not so fussed about CJ though anymore. Looks like the box is a little more exciting than the toy.

Were those two the only TF SDCC items this year?

I dunno, looking into Derpy Hooves made me LOL a little.

Prices on ebay are still crazy for all these toys. I hope that improves or if there is a better alternative.

LOL at the US fans whinging about having to pay $20 for a deluxe
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    LOL at the US fans whinging about having to pay $20 for a deluxe
    Link please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Link please.
    Just google it, you'll find it. I'm not singling-out another fan forum on an open section of ours. If you're really that keen, let me know and I'll PM you.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Just google it, you'll find it. I'm not singling-out another fan forum on an open section of ours. If you're really that keen, let me know and I'll PM you.
    Fair 'nuff.
    We've got some sweet squabbles going on the JET Programme forums atm so I can wait and hunt for it later when I want some new cheap laughs.