Thread: Avatar

Default Avatar

I am just asking cause everyone here seems to be really clued on to animation media but does anyone watch Avatar the Last Airbender??

and if they do have you got any idea when the next episode will be airing its driving me nuts...

and if you don't watch it... you should...

Hahaha... its a Nickelodean show, sometimes a bit childish but its based around mainly historical asian culture and is about people who basically control the elements called 'benders' (yeah i laughed about that for a while) earth, air, fire, water

But the Avatar, master of all four elements disappears and things go extremely pear shaped...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBIMd...eature=related

Its in its third season and its very popular, I recommend watching it.. however there hasnt been an episode for a fair while now and I thought someone here might have a clue when the next one is airing..
    Last edited by SpiderPrime9; 10th March 2008 at 02:52 PM. Reason: link error

It's a damn good series, easily the best animated show on television (not just kids shows, I mean all animation.)

Everyone seems to be pretty much in the dark about when the last half of Season 3 will air, from what I have been able to discern the thinking is it will appear later this year, about the same time that Season 3 began last year.

There are about 10 or so episodes left over to air, so there is much to do in very little time.

And dont worry, I am sure that Nick USA and YTV in Canada will hype the series return for at least a few weeks before it returns to air.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

It's a damn good series, easily the best animated show on television (not just kids shows, I mean all animation.)
    I agree.. it reminds me of more moralistic cartoons of the 80s... thats where I got my sense of 'honour' from haha... its damn good for kids and well.... the fight scenes are great and the storyline is very well thought out..

Apparently some episodes were leaked... then they kind of stopped releasing them? how good was Firebending Masters though??

It would be nice if they did another season... doesnt have to revolve around Aang, could be a new avatar huh?? or maybe the avatar cycle is broken? or its in the future??
    ........ obviously hanging out for the new episode haha...

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderPrime9 View Post
    Apparently some episodes were leaked... then they kind of stopped releasing them? how good was Firebending Masters though??
    Not leaked as such, but they aired in Canada, and not in the USA, the USA finished airing at the conclusion of "The Black Day of Sun part2".

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderPrime9 View Post
    It would be nice if they did another season... doesnt have to revolve around Aang, could be a new avatar huh?? or maybe the avatar cycle is broken? or its in the future??
    The idea of a new series with new characters has been bounced around, but I don't know if they have plans for it or not.
    The Avatar cycle is technically already broken, unless Aang can find a bunch of hidden Airbenders to continue to teach, otherwise after he passes away there will be no Airbender to teach the next Avatar.

The fighting is choreographed by professionals, with certain bending styles having certain styles attributed to them:
    Waterbending= Tai Chi
    Earthbending= Hung Gar
    Firebending= Northern Shaolin
    Airbending= Bagua
    More detailed information can be found here.
    Last edited by i_amtrunks; 11th March 2008 at 09:05 AM.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Sorry, it slipped my mind yesterday... I remember the game that is out on the consoles... though never have lifted it up to see what its like.

I supposed you can keep an eye out on Nick USA & YTV... then go look at ummm the file-sharing websites

I watched a couple of episodes but I haven't really got into it. As far as I'm concerned it's a lot better than Transformers animation but then again that wouldn't be hard.