Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC Preview Breakfast - first look at Power of the Primes toys

Default SDCC Preview Breakfast - first look at Power of the Primes toys

The annual preview breakfast with invited (American) Transformers fansite admins was held, and a small selection of upcoming Transformers toys were on display, including the first wave of the new Power of the Primes toyline.

Details of the play pattern/gimmick are to be revealed at the presentation panel, but it looks like a combination of the first two toyline gimmicks (combining and headmasters), with a new gimmick (pretender shells - relax, it's just small ones for the new Titanmasters, to be called Primemasters).

Photos can be seen here, here and here.

Transformers: Prime Wars Trilogy

Titan Master

• Skullgrin

Legends

• Beachcomber (Titanmaster can drive vehicle mode)

Deluxe

• Dreadwing (Combiner Wars Skydive retool)
    • Darkwind (Combiner Wars Air Raid retool)
    • Jazz

Dreadwing and Darkwind combine into a larger superjet.
    Voyager

• Starscream

Leader

• Rodimus Prime (Removalable Matrix, Deluxe Hot Rod inside)
    • Overlord

Transformers: Robots In Disguise

• Combiner Force Crash Combiner Primelock (Optimus Prime + Grimlock)
    • Combiner Force Crash Combiner Saberclaw (Saberhorn + Bisque)

Transformers: The Last Knight

• Deluxe Class Hot Rod
    • Deluxe Class Cogman
    • Voyager Class Decepticon Nitro
    • Leader Class Megatron
    • Leader Class Dragonstrom
    • Legion Class Combiner Infernocus

Movie Masterpiece Optimus Prime

Transformers: Prime Wars Trilogy

Power Of The Primes:
    Prime Masters are the new Titan Masters. Represents the Original 13 Primes as their Avatars (not to be confused with The Last Airbender… or Korra).
    Prime Masters are small extremely powerful being who acts as the Avatars of the 13 Primes. Actually 12. The 13th Avatar being the Matrix Of Leadership itself.
    The Avatars hide inside “Decoy Suits” which are essentially Pretenders.
    Each Prime Master is a Logo for the 12 Primes.
    You can replace the middle part of the Matrix Of Leadership and attach the Avatars to the frame.
    The Avatars can be fitted to the Deluxe and Voyager classes as well. But the highlight is the replacement of Matrix Of Leadership which comes with each Leader Class figures (each with a unique Matrix).
    Hot Rod car is a Deluxe. Can combine with the trailer to become Leader Class Rodimus Prime.

Transformers: Titans Return:
    Deluxe Slugslinger with Titan Master Caliburst is featured as a single pack.

Transformers: The Last Knight
    Nothing new was shown during the Preview Breakfast. Cannot be sure about the panel either. But keep your fingers crossed.

There also seems to be a quasi powermaster gimmick. If I understand correctly the centre of the matrix (1 comes with each leader class) can be removed and replaced with 1 of the 'primes' which can be stored in the leader.

The pretenders act like a mini shell for these primes.

Also, not sure about Jazz but Darkwind and Dreadwing look like they are combiner limbs too given retold and the chest seems to contain a connector.

Looks interesting but see how it goes.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

There are official pics on the Transformers FB page now. Looks like Jazz is a combiner too.

I am happy with what the gimmick they are moving towards, how the toys look, and the characters announced so far.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Also I am thinking we could see some Turbomasters appear. Jazz reminds me of Hurricane or Flash? And Rodimus could be Thunderclash.

Optimus Primal as (if i read correctly) a Leader class like Rodimus??? Oh hello Optimal Optimus!

Starcreams giant engines give me somethingof a B2(?) bomber feel but perhaps they are to store these powerup titanmasters pretenders.

Skullgrin is a nice slash claw. Hope he intergrates onto the bigger arms well.

A friend and I were discussing what gimmick they were going to go with since they've been reusing a lot of past ones, since Combiner Force was doing powerlinking like in Energon, honestly thought they were gonna go with minicons or cyber keys, but cool seeing the return of Pretenders, sounding like this line will have a lot of retools, but I'm all for a proper Rodimus Prime

It is a shame they couldn't figure out a way to utilize the existing TR Hot Hod... but it in the end was probably more cost effective to produce a re-designed figure from scratch.

So assuming this will come with the Rod Prime TM head that is currently included in the Chaos on Velocitron set? (perhaps minus the *premium* diecase head-head?)

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusNerd View Post
    It is a shame they couldn't figure out a way to utilize the existing TR Hot Hod... but it in the end was probably more cost effective to produce a re-designed figure from scratch.

So assuming this will come with the Rod Prime TM head that is currently included in the Chaos on Velocitron set? (perhaps minus the *premium* diecase head-head?)
    Interesting that the other loose head in those 2 sets was Thunderwing..

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

My goodness that is an ugly Starscream. My immediate thought is why the boxing gloves and boots? They make robot under the jet syndrome unnecessarily worse.