Thread: Lego Festival - 50 years of Lego in Australia

Default Lego Festival - 50 years of Lego in Australia

Lego are holding a festival from April till December to celebrate 50 years of Lego in Australia. There will be numerous events held across the country as part of this festival.

http://www.legofestival.com.au/

Although the event calendar is very sparse at the moment I presume there are many events in planning and details will be released on an ongoing basis.

thats cool as!
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Well I guess we wont be seeing this in Perth anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by Tabias Prime View Post
    Well I guess we wont be seeing this in Perth anytime soon
    Fingers crossed

Heres some art stuff happening in NSW:

http://www.legofestival.com.au/news/article.php?id=149

Saw this (Lego Colosseum) using 250,000 bricks, by someone who claims to be the only "certified Lego builder in Australia".
    It's apparently on display at the Nicholson Museum at Sydney University until February 2013.
    Entry is free.

Anyone joined in on the Lego BuildwithChrome feature of the 50th Anniversary? It doesn't seem to be as spectacular as I had imagined, but you get to create "art" with up to 1000 (virtual) pieces, and have it "pinned to the wall" (the google map of AUS & NZ) for others to find and view.
    Google Chrome is required to view 3D versions, but I think any browser can see the 2D artworks.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Anyone joined in on the Lego BuildwithChrome feature of the 50th Anniversary? It doesn't seem to be as spectacular as I had imagined, but you get to create "art" with up to 1000 (virtual) pieces, and have it "pinned to the wall" (the google map of AUS & NZ) for others to find and view.
    Google Chrome is required to view 3D versions, but I think any browser can see the 2D artworks.
    Gave it a spin a couple of weeks ago but the inability to save your progress as a draft before publishing was off putting. Basically you'd need a good slab of time to build and publish your artwork in one browser session.