Page 303 of 467 FirstFirst ... 283293298299300301302303304305306307308313323 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    It's not paid as much as its given fancy parties and cushy junkets and sponsorship deals, it's pretty well documented like the Kane & Lynch 2 fiasco. Hell even Hyper did a piece on it back in the day.
    Yep, this is an awesome example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMtajiLLGWM

You can't tell me that game journalism/news sites is not 'influenced' by sponsorship.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Yep, this is an awesome example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMtajiLLGWM

You can't tell me that game journalism/news sites is not 'influenced' by sponsorship.
    That zoom in killed me

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    That zoom in killed me
    Me too I am surprised that 3 adults of what I assume to be reasonable intelligence did not realize how bad it is to criticize a reviewer who gave an 'alright' review for a game while being decked out in free merchandise from the publisher.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!

That is all hahah. Cannot wait for this to come out

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!

That is all hahah. Cannot wait for this to come out
    I am ready to play it with the Steam Controller! There is no greater test of quick mouse reactions without it!

It would be funny however if it had a 'Ctrl, Alt, Space and Arrow keys' set up

I hope DOOM is on par with New Order, love seeing classic FPS updated well.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    how big is your pile?
    my steam stats:

$2265
    Current account value

$592
    Total cost with sales

Steam level

$14.52
    Average price

$8.24
    Average price per hour

Games owned

1,213h
    Hours on record

18.4h
    Average playtime

Games not played

58%
    Games not played
    Sorry for asking a stupid question, but how did you find all that info? I'm interested to find out how many hours, and how much I've spent over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Me too I am surprised that 3 adults of what I assume to be reasonable intelligence did not realize how bad it is to criticize a reviewer who gave an 'alright' review for a game while being decked out in free merchandise from the publisher.
    When they get given free shit all the time, i'm quite sure it goes to their heads.

But that sloooooooooowwwwwwww zoom! Could you make it even more obvious?

Rooster Teeth are not journalist, they are clearly paid to advertise games. Game Informer always protest their innocence but they are clearly not journalist either being owned by Gamestop (Gamestop is known as EB Games in Australia).

Giant Bomb, Gamespot, IGN, the now defunct Game Trailers and Polygon are are real journalist and not paid off by publishers for reviews. Do not confuse ads for journalism.

The reason for Gerstmann-gate back in the day was the firewall between the ad sales people and the journalist, which every journalistic organisation has in place, broke down and ad sales people were able to get the journalist punished, which in Jeff's case resulted in his firing since he was EiC.

Now lets never bring up ethics in journalism again please.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

On a lighter note. Anyone ever use a "gaming" mouse pad? I need a new mouse pad and want something better than a square piece of wetsuit material.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.