Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Combiners & group reviews/comments

Here we go...

The Stunticons are back together again

He's a big one in comparison to Superion.

superion is awesome

Last edited by G1Optimal; 16th March 2015 at 06:20 PM.

Megatran Guest

Looks as though someone or something gave Menasor an atomic wedgy.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post

ok, quick thoughts, more photos to come later.

Huffer: First exposure to this mould, pretty articulate, though a little smaller than I expected. Not exactly G1 design, but hell, he's cool enough, I'm OK

Blackjack: New character to me, pretty cool little guy. Weapon is kinda useless in bot mode, but I can see the Hot Rod reference in vehicle mode. Otherwise nothing special.

Air Raid: Lower half is nothing new, same legs as Skydive, just a different colour. Same goes for his weapon and hand/foot/cannon thingy. I like the head sculpt, and the play value with the wings is pretty cool. Articulation is about the same again. A good, solid final addition to the Aerialbots.

Dead End: I like the red colour, so that's a good start to begin with. Vehicle mode is a sweet looking sports car, something you'd see on the streets at night or on a racetrack. As with many of the original G1 combiners, the whole front end ends up on the back as a backpack, though fairly low, out of sight in Dead End's case. Articulation is on roughly par with Drag Strip.

Breakdown: Probably my least favourite of the Stunticons, especially as his leg mode looks pretty small in comparison to Offroad (more on this later) - though having said that, he's not a bad figure at all. Strangely, his foot articulation makes him a little less stable to stand, and there's some weird hip articulation, but the vehicle mode is pretty sweet.

Offroad: Like Alpha Bravo with the Aerialbots, for some reason he seems to be my favourite Stunticon. Again, the plastic used for him feels different to the other deluxe figures, again like Alpha Brave (conspiracy?) but otherwise quite solid. Huge backpack with the front end of the 4WD mode sticking up over his shoulders.

Motormaster: It's Optimus, in a new skin. Completely remoulded chest, shoulders, vehicle front end with a new head. Otherwise, no difference in articulation or design. Strangely, his head seems more proportionate to his body that Optimus' does.

Menasor: He's big. Much bigger than Superion. I think it's due to the size/thickness of the limbs, and the larger torso. In fact, the whole thing's just that little bit bigger. Though that suits a bruiser character like Menasor. Like Ultra Prime, his legs are a little too akimbo based on a slight design flaw, unless careful when placing, he tries to pull the splits.

Picked up Dragstrip today. Very sexy alt mode. Bigger than I expected too. Not a fan of the bleeding eyes though.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Wow that was lightning fast postage from rk

I like the bulkiness of the motormaster mode that makes Menasor bigger. Scramble city combiners back in the day didn't have much variation in size

Prjkt the way you put the combiner part on back of Breakdown reminds me of Sunstreaker. Hmmm wonder if it's intentional

Thx for the quick shots and hopefully will get mine real soon

yeah I was expecting Wednesday at the earliest, only left HK on Friday. Something else that left on the 24th (SG Thundercracker from Chimungmung) arrived today as well.

And yeah, with the rumoured Sunstreaker coming soon, and Breakdown being the design he is, though I'd give that a little shot

Got my CW wave 2 today.

I feel like individually the Stunticons may be better. Each limb has quite different transformation, and each member is full of personality. They look together as team, although in vehicle mode Off Road is really out of scale.

As a combiner Superion is better in nearly every aspect. For some reason Motormaster's shoulders don't peg in as securely as they did on Optimus. Plus there's the hips. So the whole thing doesn't hold together very well. Also quite awkward to pose with car pasts bumping into the body. But is still a very nice display piece.

Blackjack is a disaster for me. The peg holes are both too small for the pegs so doesn't wanna stay in at all. It's probably because the pegs are tapered..By himself Blackjack is a really neat little figure though. (And for some reason I always thought his weapon can combine to form the hilt for Menasor's sword Was quite bummed that it couldn't)

Yeah Blackjack keeps falling out for me too, very shallow holes, and the plastic used doesn't grip well

I've found Dead End's hand/foot piece peg is a little on the loose side too, flops around when used as a hand weapon...

Unfortunately the other half threw out the instructions, so I can't quite figure out where Offroad's arms go when he's in arm mode, but ill figure it out

Edit: Doublespy, check Breakdown's hand/foot piece when he's in vehicle mode, there's a tab on the thumb that hooks in beneath the spoiler, and two small tabs on his roof that connect to the front of the piece, holds the piece in quite well, and looks like an oversized supercharger (Sunstreaker, is that you?) Offroad's piece also tabs in nicely behind his cab, there's a slot between his fingers that plugs into the post in his tray

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post

Edit: Doublespy, check Breakdown's hand/foot piece when he's in vehicle mode, there's a tab on the thumb that hooks in beneath the spoiler, and two small tabs on his roof that connect to the front of the piece, holds the piece in quite well, and looks like an oversized supercharger (Sunstreaker, is that you?) Offroad's piece also tabs in nicely behind his cab, there's a slot between his fingers that plugs into the post in his tray
    Awesome. I was wondering what that tab on Offroad's truck bead does cause it's a standard 5mm peg in the stock photo, and just couldn't find the right thing to tab in Aaaand Sunstreaker confirmed