View Poll Results: What do you think of RID?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fantastic - will watch over and over

1 6.67%
  • Good - better than expected

6 40.00%
  • Ok - not great but not bad

3 20.00%
  • Disappointing - could be better

3 20.00%
  • Rubbish - not worth watching

0 0%
  • Not even interested

2 13.33%
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartoon review - Robots in Disguise (2015)

Default Cartoon review - Robots in Disguise (2015)

Post your thoughts, comments and reviews of Robots in Disguise episodes here.

I enjoyed part one of the pilot. Will want to see a regular episode to get the real feel of the show since this ep had a lot of setting up the concept so a lot had to happen.

I liked the characters (and was surprised that Underbite has a character!) and the animation seemed fine.

I've not seen TFPrime but it doesn't seem to matter at all yet.

Will be coming back for more.

Update:

I liked part two and it seems to give a better idea of how the show will work: a stop the villain of the week format as expected.

So far so good.

Although having seen them in motion my warrior class Grimlock is too small and he and Bumblebee need more paint apps.
    Last edited by Paulbot; 21st February 2015 at 05:00 PM.

Just sat down and watched part 1 & 2 of the pilot.
    Initial thoughts are it seems a more light hearted show than TF Prime. I did enjoy it and like the animation style.
    Characters seem enjoyable as well and the villian of the week premise is old school.

Only downside for me is I think Bumblebee will get on my nerves trying to be Prime
    Dapto Dog for 2017

I feel the same way about the show that Starscream77 does.

I really like the esthetic of the show a lot, just as much as TFA. I think I might get a full cast of characters from the show.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Looks good, like how they have gone back to original cartoon style. Characters seem to be good and i like the fact they have selected some different characters to focus on. Will have to watch and see where the story line is headed.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

watched both parts of the pilot today.
    it was actually quite good. I'm enjoying the more light-hearted approach to things compared to grim-dark prime. the characters feel good, and the action is still quite nice.
    the animation seems a little awkward right now though(that scene where Sideswipe was jumping through the trees just didn't "feel" how it should have.) but hopefully it'll improve over time.
    Unlike some people I don't mind Bumblebee as a character and don't see him as "Trying to be Optimus" clearly he didn't even want this team and he has no idea how to lead them. if anything he's more like Optimus Primal at this point.
    Fixit seem quite amusing so far, I chuckled when he tried to protect himself behind Russel, when he shocked Grimlock back into his cell and when he annoyed Sideswipe with his friendship. his speech impediment might get a little adoring*BZZ*avoiding*BZZ*ANOYING! but right now it's not bad
    Sidewipe's rebellious schtick may get old fast but he's clearly a decent bot deep down and I liked seeing him protecting Russel. Darren Criss plays the character well
    Strongarm is a little annoying being SO by the books, but I can't seem to dislike her. maybe spending some time on earth with Swipe and Grim will loosen her up a bit
    if you ignore the previous continuity this new Grimlock isn't bad either, honestly seems more like a Bulkhead than a Grimlock though
    the humans .. I'll get back to you on them.

the plot for the episodes, well there isn't much to say about it since it was just a set-up episode, but it was still decent. I was so surprised when Underbite began to talk (literally shouted "HE CAN TALK!?" I guess since he's a Decepticon and not just some wild beast it shouldn't be too surprising. he was actually a decent character even if I'm not sure what exactly a "Chompazoid" is
    the whole Optimus thing is a little weird though and [Spoiler] him saving the day at the end was a bit of a let down [spoiler]
    all things considered I'm liking this and can't wait to see episode 3 tomorrow
    I like the humour too, it's a similar feel to Beast Wars in my mind, but with a different comedic style. if this is what the future of Transformers TV shows is like then I'm happy.

Enjoyed episode 3, and if this is what the show's "Monster of the week" episodes will be like I'm all for it. I found this episode's jokes hit the mark very well and the two new Decepticons were both great.

I think they've found great voice talent for the 'Con roles. David Kaye nailed Hammerstrike and Troy Baker as Steeljaw was great. I'm really intrigued by Steeljaw and his professed motives versus his actual motives. The 'wolf' suits him.

As a toy commercial it's working, but makes me want better versions of Steeljaw, Bumblebee and Grimlock than the Warrior class has given me so far.

Probably also worth noting that although there's a pair of human characters, so far they've had less to do with driving and resolving the plot than Sari did (and less than my impression of the Prime kids).

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    I was so surprised when Underbite began to talk (literally shouted "HE CAN TALK!?" I guess since he's a Decepticon and not just some wild beast it shouldn't be too surprising. he was actually a decent character even if I'm not sure what exactly a "Chompazoid" is
    I know right. I had the same reaction, and he was amusing. "I ate a city!" is my favourite quote from the show so far.

Just watched episode 3. So nice to have an entertaining cartoon that's not grim like TFP. There's so much on TV these days that's just grim and I don't want to see it anymore so good job Hasbro Studios on getting away from that style.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I think the show is good, but I agree with paulbot in that the toys could be to a higher standard. They could have a little more detailing and less open hollow shoulders and such, that said I will still pick some of them up : )

Quote Originally Posted by morg176 View Post
    I think the show is good, but I agree with paulbot in that the toys could be to a higher standard. They could have a little more detailing and less open hollow shoulders and such, that said I will still pick some of them up : )
    Yeah, but Hasbro isn't targeting us so much as they're aiming at a younger audience. Anyway I plan on picking up a select few of the warrior class figures and they'll mostly be decepticons; the rest that I get will be legion sized!