Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael Bay's unsolicited rejected script for The Dark Knight

Hrmmm, this cannot truly have been written by Bay, there aren't enough explosions!

And Bay has "helped" write the "story" for TF2, I doubt any actual lines he wrote survived later revisions, but apparently he put in some scenes that he is rather attached to...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Despite the authenticity of the script:

In the past I have not hidden my oppinion of Bay and despite the success of the first TF movie, this has not changed.

I consider Bay to be a substandard Film maker, a product of the mediocrity and formulaic approach of 21st Century Hollywood.

Bay's formulaic style is very apparent in the TF movie but it is offset by the effect and action and actually he managed to make a decent movie despite a list of flaws as long as my arm.

Personally I think he fluked the first movie and there is a good chance that TF2 will suck as my confidence in the director and producer (Spielberg) are very low.

Time shall tell I think.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Bay is a director, not a writer. When you say that it's Bay's rejected script, do you mean that this was a script written by Bay that someone rejected, or a script written by a writer that Bay rejected?

Bay didn't write TF1 - Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman did. They're also writing TF2 alongside Ehren Kruger.
    Thanks to the Writer Strike, Bay has had a heavier hand in the writing of TF2.

I just read the pages of teh script they had on the linked website.

Its clearly a joke . If it isn't then Uwe Boll is absolutely correct about Bay.

I'm reserving judgement about TF2 until... ya know... I see it!

A lot of movies can be good or bad despite a director or actor.
    e.g.:
    + I liked The Last Samurai in spite of Tom Cruise as its lead
    + Hulk sucked despite the fact that it was directed by Ang Lee (I loved Raise The Red Lantern and Brokeback Mountain - IMO Lee should stick with arthouse)
    + Some people absolutely love Star Wars Episode IV but were disappointed with Eps I-III despite the fact that they were all directed by George Lucas
    + Chasing Amy is my least favourite of the Jay & Silent Bob films despite the fact that it was made by Kevin Smith. I found Jersey Girl was kinda mediocre.
    + Marty Isenberg was a writer for the G1 cartoon, Beast Machines and Animated. 'nuff sed there.
    + Transformers and Bad Boys are the only Michael Bay films I really like. I thought Bad Boys II was ordinary and I didn't like Armageddon, The Rock (although a lot of my friends like that one) ... and yeah... Pearl Harbour. Lawl.

Personally I've never seen a Spielberg movie that I've disliked. "Saving Private Ryan" was far too "Yankocentric" but I didn't think it sucked. "War of the Worlds" wasn't faithful to the book at all, but was more of an updated interpretation of Wells' story - which I could understand was important to engage a modern audience and was cool in that regard. Although I didn't enjoy Tom Cruise as the lead, again - much like The Last Samurai - I thought the movie was passable in spite of Cruise.