View Poll Results: Generations Thundercracker (WFC) - worth getting?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oh hells yes!

8 80.00%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

2 20.00%
  • I would rather cut off my toe with a rusty shovel

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Thundercracker (WFC)

Default Toy Review - Generations Thundercracker (WFC)

Series - Transformers Generations
    Sub-line - N/A
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco – Redeco of FOC Starscream
    Wave - 6
    Released here - not yet, maybe never
    Approximate Retail Price - $25
    Approximate Size - Robot 16cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode – Cybertronian Seeker Jet
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Cannons can combine and spin
    Main Colours – Light Blue, Grey
    Main Accessory – Spinning Assault Cannons, Spotlight Comic Book

Thundercracker is the second Decepticon Seeker to be released using the FOC Seeker mould. Luckily for those looking for it, Skywarp should be out in January so you can complete your ‘Starscream & his Lieutenants’ triple combo without shelling out for Takara prices

This mold got a bit of criticism when Starscream came out, but for me it is one of the best FOC inspired moulds out there. It has a very intuitive transformation, which while not hard is not too simple either. The jet mode is very faithful to the games (in Thundercracker’s case that is WFC) and fits the ‘Cybertronian Seeker’ ideal well. The guns also suit the ‘oversized blasters’ motif that runs through the games, though look a bit silly to my mind combined so I keep them separate. Robot Mode looks good, quite beefy, quite alien, yet still retaining a certain faithfulness to the original 84 concept. The comic is a bit average, but fits in with the current IDW universe and can stand alone as a read for the uninitiated. Plus it’s just a nice extra to get and well appreciated.

Overall I think this is a fantastic rendition of our self-doubting seeker and well worth the money.

So far, I think the blue looks the best for this mold... so far (I think Skywarp looks fantastic in pictures, hopefully in person too)

Over-sized blasters look a little weird on his forearms, would be better on his shoulders, but can't really complain too much about it.

It does look great in jet mode, quite faithful to the game.

Managed to pick this guy up on the cheap over in HK a few weeks ago loose.

He does look fab in these colours- and the fact we'll be getting skywarp so soon just sweetens the deal. If you're getting a seeker trio made up, this is an absolute must.

(I also managed to pick up JP skywarp cheapish and while it doesn't scream skywarp, it's a really nice repaint of the mould!)

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

He's one of the 3 main Seekers so Oh Hell Yes! Same goes for Skywarp when he hits in January.