Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Review: Transformers Spotlights (2012 - 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Maybe? Not that I recall. TF Wiki has been down every time I've gone to look up the deluxe Insecticons in IDW.
    It's been bad all week. Just went through the comic, he is on the spacestation at the beginning of Spotlight Sixshot. Why he couldn't have also been part of TC mission, I do not know. Maybe Barber wanted to just have a laugh with ol' Waspy?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Wasn't Ransack with the terrorcons in spotlight Sixshot?

And after reading the blurb for SL Megatron, it seems it will only delve a little ways back to something that I was surprised was skipped over when it happened; Megatrons return after Starscreams leadership run. With Roche writing, it could be very entertaining.
    Maybe? Not that I recall. TF Wiki has been down every time I've gone to look up the deluxe Insecticons in IDW.
    ahh this is why i like digital versions,

open app

scroll to spotlights

open sixshot

swipe to page 7

now i am not sure what has happened to anyone that was on that outpost or where they have appeared in since but i believe the clone was seen in RID recently!!
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

There he is. I saw that recent Spotlight sale but didn't feel the need to buy them again (Having the original issue, Premiere Hardcovers, and IDW Collection were enough for me ). Still with different time periods etc no reason Ransack couldn't have been on Bludgeons ship the same way Barrage ends up on Razorclaw's.

I prefer it when IDW assembles random crews/squads like in that pic above and the recent Con group in MTMTE rather than sticking to toy release subgroups and schedules. (Except were the team is there as a single unit). Putting the deluxe Insecticons together in the past and throwing in a Beast Wars character seems lazy to me. Its like they almost did it (Thundercracker, Blitzwing, Waspinator, Chop Shop) but ruined it by putting two more Deluxe Bugs in the mix.

There he is. I saw that recent Spotlight sale but didn't feel the need to buy them again (Having the original issue, Premiere Hardcovers, and IDW Collection were enough for me ).
    SOUNDS LIKE MY LIBRARY,

i picked up a few spotlights in that sale, i was only missing ten from the release, what suprised me tho was that spotlight orion pax was included in that sale, considering it was a "new release"

i think it is high time IDW include digital copies with the purchase of the paper copy, comic, trade etc etc. i remeber them talking about doing this but that was years ago..
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    ahh this is why i like digital versions,

open app

scroll to spotlights

open sixshot

swipe to page 7

now i am not sure what has happened to anyone that was on that outpost or where they have appeared in since but i believe the clone was seen in RID recently!!
    If you are talking about the outpost shown in that particular shot - Treadshot was shot by Impactor on the raid of Garrulus 9 (I think that was it's name - LSOTR comics anyway), and Squalkbox was one of the Decepticons that was happy to try and sit out the riots in Blurr's bar

I prefer it when IDW assembles random crews/squads like in that pic above and the recent Con group in MTMTE rather than sticking to toy release subgroups and schedules. (Except were the team is there as a single unit). Putting the deluxe Insecticons together in the past and throwing in a Beast Wars character seems lazy to me. Its like they almost did it (Thundercracker, Blitzwing, Waspinator, Chop Shop) but ruined it by putting two more Deluxe Bugs in the mix.
    Or at least give the Deluxe Insecticons some dialogue to flesh our their characters, but perhaps Barber just wanted an organised unit under the control of Bludgeon to further back up his rank. I would have liked to see some more Pretenders under Bludgeon's command before they ultimately go insane and all occult with him - to follow your commander to those depths, they must have been pretty loyal, and that loyalty should show some roots.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I haven't read the issue yet, but that's a bit disappointing that it sounds like the Deluxe Insecticons didn't get their characters fleshed out a bit. They've never appeared much in fiction and never got much to say or do. I guess it's Thundercracker's tale, but when you see what Roberts could do with Misfire, Flywheels, Krok and co, it's a shame.

A Bludgeon spotlight, with some of the other "pretenders", would be an interesting read. I can't recall if we've ever been told hold Bludgeon lost the bottom of his face have we? There must be a tale there. (I guess it might come up in the time travelling stuff in RID?)

I haven't read the issue yet, but that's a bit disappointing that it sounds like the Deluxe Insecticons didn't get their characters fleshed out a bit. They've never appeared much in fiction and never got much to say or do. I guess it's Thundercracker's tale, but when you see what Roberts could do with Misfire, Flywheels, Krok and co, it's a shame.

A Bludgeon spotlight, with some of the other "pretenders", would be an interesting read. I can't recall if we've ever been told hold Bludgeon lost the bottom of his face have we? There must be a tale there. (I guess it might come up in the time travelling stuff in RID?)
    Really liked what Roberts did with Krok, he instantly became one of my favourite characters in Marvel US when Furman featured Bludgeon asking Krok for military/political advice.

Don't believe we've seen the story of Bludgeon's bottom jaw. His design was first featured in SL Shockwave, since Furman was the writer, and because Furman explictly chose a robot design based off Bludgeon's pretender shell rather than his inner robot form like in the Dreameave comics, perhaps he initially had something planned for that story. Guess we'll not know for the foreseeable future?

Do like Barber revealing Bludgeon's pre-Pretender alt mode - I wouldn't mind a tank/plane hybrid toy

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Really liked what Roberts did with Krok, he instantly became one of my favourite characters in Marvel US when Furman featured Bludgeon asking Krok for military/political advice.

Just ordered a Krok from ebay, in part as he was the only guy from the Scavengers in the MTMTE comics that I didn't own and thought that was a great little story of them vs the DJD

Spotlight Megatron is a marvel.

While it lacks the impact and constant one liners of MtMtE, this is one very well written and constructed spotlight. The characters pop from the pages, the dialogue is true to the characters, the art is stunning in the detail and destruction. Len O'Grady has done a masterful job colouring Roche's stylised inks.

This is what we should have had the entire time since the Furman penned stories were concluded, this one issues gives us more Megatron than the 16 AHM stories, not only does it give us detail into his inner machinations, but it ties in seamlessly with Autocracy, AHM, Ongoing and gives us some foreshadowing for events yet to occur in RiD. It is obvious Roche loves his IDW transformers fiction and has done his homework.

While the issue itself revolves around Megatron and Starscream and their interesting and convoluted relationship, the best lines refer to Soundwave, Shockwave and the best line from the entire issue belongs to Skywarp. He gets one line and Roche nails his character.

This is a must read, even if you have read nothing of the IDW run before the RiD MtMtE split, or if you are interested in catching up with the back catalog. This is the IDW Megatron. He keeps his house clean.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)