Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Series 10 - Where is Mr.Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Store employees are ransacking boxes before they hit the shelves in hope they can make some easy money. (I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it happening at Target myself)
    I been "lucky" enough to see this as well 6 boxes getting put on the shelf from the unpacking trolley already opened and rummaged through.

As awesome as a Mr Gold would be I find it hard an actual customer would get one at retail
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

hmmmmm...interesting to learn that retail employees are already doing the "search"

sigh looks like that bounty hunt can be called off unless we physically open a fresh box ourselves....

it is only 5000 pieces and some reckon the pricing will fall to about $400-$500.... but also need to consider those special numbers.. like 1/5000 or 5000/5000.....

arrghhh..thought i could spend some time doing the feeling... i guess not then...

People must have rocks in their head to pay $400+ for a tiny piece of plastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    People must have rocks in their head to pay $400+ for a tiny piece of plastic!
    People have paid prices more ridiculous than that for teeny (often) G1 toys and accessories.

I don't see the point, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    I'm not bothering feeling for Mr.Gold unless I can see the box is freshly opened. I spent 10min feeling up a box in Myer only for one of the staff to say someone had gone through the box and found the Mr.Gold already. Not wasting my time again unless, as I said, I believe the box is untouched.
    Some retail staff are being pretty good at resealing boxes. I remember opening up what I thought to be a 'mint' one to find that half the figs inside were gone!

Also a lot of the boxes that had already been checked by staff had packets that were not roughed up at all, which leads me to believe they were trying to quickly identify Mr Gold by bump codes posted on the internets, which has not been guaranteed to work so they could be missing him completely!

That further complicates whether a box is worth looking at or not

sucks how staff can do stuff like that.
    I might as well try order a bunch of them boxes

Quote Originally Posted by sifun View Post
    sucks how staff can do stuff like that.
    I might as well try order a bunch of them boxes
    One chap in England apparently tried that with £500 worth. Brought them all back for a refund.

hmmmm... that is quite sneaky... bought from big retailers and then returning them.... after all it is still in saleable condition.... no questions asked....

interesting...

My brother been looking for him and it is driving him nuts trying to locate Mr Gold as he said it is like a huge gap in his mini figurine collection with out him and also refuse to pay that much to scalpers

Yeah I know someone (not saying who ) has a Mr Gold after going through about 6 boxes.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.